Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I constantly put tire shine on my tires but they just aren't getting as shiny as they used to. there is a pretty thick film on them so I have to brush them down every couple weeks. even after that, they still don't shine as much. is it possible to "saturate" a tire with all that tire spray gel/foam?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Are you cleaning them with a good rubber cleaner? I use bleach-white, it does a pretty good job. There are other products that will remove that film.

BTW - shiny tires are gay.:poke:

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Shiny tires are the shiz. I usually degrease mine and get them real clean, then I'll add tire shine until it stops absorbing.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll try that bleech white stuff. thanks fellas.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
I always used Bleach White, and applied tire shine. I stopped using the shine a couple of years ago due to build up. It would take weeks to have it evaporate off enough to be able to scrub it off, and it would be dull under it. I like the new tire look, but haven't found a product that I like yet.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
i'll try that bleech white stuff. thanks fellas.
Just a thought... If you're using armoral, well it sucks. I'm sure you know what you're doing as your truck is always looking good but, I never get a shine with that stuff.

I like Mguiers (spelling?)

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
i have always used the wet n black by turtle wax. i just spray the whole tire down and let it saturate in and it lasts for a long time.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
the problem you are having is you use tire shine that has lots off oily suff in them and with that the oily stuff let dirt and other road gram stick to the tire and with that the tire soaks that crap in the pors of the rubber!! use adams all porpose cleaner clean the very good and after a good washing use adams super v.r.t and then with that you wont have the problem anymore

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Are you cleaning them with a good rubber cleaner? I use bleach-white, it does a pretty good job. There are other products that will remove that film.

BTW - shiny tires are gay.:poke:
very shiney tires takes from the shine of the rims but a very nice blacken tire makes a very nice detail job!!!!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ya I agree. A deep, rich, matte black finish on a tire is what looks good IMHO. Not a big fan of the "wet" look.

303 Aerospace Protectant is an awesome product. It's not going to give you any bling, but it restores and protects the rubber.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I use meguiars insane tire shine( silver can ) it's absolutely amazing!!! I've never had a shine last longer or shine brighter than the meguiars products... it looks awesome, especially after I wax my rims with lucas fast wax( and they smell like bananas than )

Chad

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Buncha lazy mofos ! Comet cleanser and a bristle brush FTW !!

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i tried out that bleche white stuff and it seems to work. followed it up with some Maguires Hot Shine and it turned out great! thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Ya I agree. A deep, rich, matte black finish on a tire is what looks good IMHO. Not a big fan of the "wet" look.

303 Aerospace Protectant is an awesome product. It's not going to give you any bling, but it restores and protects the rubber.
thats what alot of people dont know is that the "wet look" doesnt protects the tire!!!
gotta use a good dressing

·
Registered
233 Posts
be careful on tire cleaners if you have polished alumimun rims some will wipe the shine right off the rim :mad:

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
theyre all right..bleche white works wonders, but some of the tire shines repel that stuff for a couple of days in not a week or two..i always apply the lime green can of no-touch extreme wet shine after using bleche white and itll shine for about a week but re-applying it or any other tire shine is a bad idea..if youre like me, i run mine thru a quick rince once a week and really put that pressure nozzle close to the tire after it has faded quite a bit, get some of that old top layer off then it blackens back out to a deep black and i wipe my rig and the wheels back off..ill do that once or twice, thin add the bleche white and it penetrates then and im ready for another coat of shine and detail job..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts