Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 reg cab f250 2wd 7.3 w/6speed man trans. And a 2006 crew cab f250 4wd 6.0 auto trans. Looking for possible money saving solutions the 6.0 is shot. Needing something with good towing power but dependable

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
How far upside down are you in the 6.0? might be best to just sell it as a roller. If you plan on keepin it i'd find a used 6.0 to throw in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not upside down they're both paid off just wanting my crew cab back. I'm not familiar with the 6.0 other than its not as dependable as the 7.3. So even having the 7.3 donar truck you think its best to go back with a 6.0 in my crew cab. What about a cummins swap? I can afford to swing about $4000 in to the crew cab

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
From everything I have read the cummins swap will cost you more then that but not a bad idea to explorer. 6.0 get a bad wrap when you say the 6.0 is shot what exactly do you mean? Is it totally blown up, does it need head gaskets etc...? If a 6.0 is maintained right they are great powerful motors just need the extra goodies to keep them rolling strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts