Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im thinkin...but most of em i see are a 97 250 with 170k no rust and they want 15...cant afford insurance on a super duty otherwise those are cheaper around here for some reason...i already have a chip and exhaust layin around

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
wow super clean I love those colors

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Before I bought my truck I almost looked at that nearly same truck, same color, same miles, same config but bone stock. Guy had it on the lot for I think 11k and when I went to see it, it was gone. I don't know how long it was there for though. Woulda been driving that truck now instead of my 6leaker.

Not sure why the OBS trucks are soo pricey, don't get me wrong I love em, but seems you can get newer SD trucks with similar cab/bed and options and same miles for cheaper usually.

I know you can't usually get money for mods, but seems that truck has all the right ones and that plow is worth some money too (maybe 3k) I dunno if you could talk the guy down much, and suppose it depends on how bad you want the plow and sander setup.

·
Get drunk and be somebody
459 Posts
Yea, personally its not worth $15,000, even with the plow.

If you wanted you could shoot me a pm. I live in Green bay because I go to college here, and I could take a look at the truck for you if you are really that interested in it.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
id never pay that for a plow truck,and if that salter was ever used im sure theres rust developing.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
wow 15k!!!! i would deffinatly not give over bout 7500, hell ive seen plenty go for 8k nicer than that. mabey a few more miles but dadgum thats high

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looked at it 10 mins ago. didnt even drive it....input bearing is shot

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
looked at it 10 mins ago. didnt even drive it....input bearing is shot
best way to buy 'em, already broke-- talk him down and put the clutch in it that you want.

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how hard is the input bearing. my old man is a diesel mech but he thinks the parts are hard to get...he cant remember....someone also jackknifed the trailer into the box...

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i heard from a ford mech that its the throwout bearing. when the clutch is in its fine, when i let it out it makes a grinding noise....suggestions?

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scratch that. my dads bud is closing his business after this summer....i get my choice of 2 f350 SRW reg cab 6spd 7.3....:drool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts