Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to this whole forum thing, so I don't even know if I'm doing this correctly. But, I wanted to see what other like minded psd enthusiast are doing to prepare for a possible dollar meltdown/disaster of any kind? What are you guys doing to stay mobile in the case of an event like this? Are you stock pilling certain goods? What mods have you made to your rigs if any? Things of this nature...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't quit your job & move out to a compound in the woods just yet.... Europe's gonna tank before anything happens here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know but think of the impact that would have on us... mutually assured destruction, it just doesn't apply to nukes anymore. My other motive here is that I want to start a C.E.R.T program in my city and I'm looking to see how others have prepared themselves for the unexpected (of course i'm not quitting my job and moving to the woods).

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
lots of .223.... thats all you really have to stockpile.... everything and anything can be had viz the .223

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
freeze dried food.
not only for when #### hits the fan, but also hand in case of a natural disaster as well.

MRE's, Food Insurance.com, camping stores, etc.

-edit
and .223

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
I have some .357 a lot of .22 and a lot of 30-06. Simple single action 6 shooter, simple rim fire recoil operated semi auto .22 and a bolt action 30-06. Keep in mind reliability will be key in cases like this and those right there are the simple reliable weapons that can be utilized both long and short range for hunting and protection. EVERYBODY should have a very good quality knife. That is about the biggest thing right there along with a good leatherman or gerber multi tool. If you can get your hands on a spool of 550 cord or parachute cord buy it, it is high strength nylon and can be utilized in so many ways. Other then that the other basics like food and water. Also one thing that many wont have is PROPER PRIOR PLANNING!!! Have a plan like what would you do if you have no cell phones or means of COMM that everybody is so use to.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Believe me, I have lived with next to nothing over in the Stan and can do it with no problem again if I had to. Just need to be prepaired and willing to do whatever it is you have to do. Riots and things of that sort have to be taken into consideration, when those things happen people tend to get violent so actually having the mentality to turn your weapon against another person who is going to cause hurt to you or your family is a must. Hesitation and complacency kills gents, LOL I cant tell you how many times I heard that when I was a boot before I went to Iraq.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts