Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 f250 runs great but with a beefed trans n intake chip exhaust im ready for more power. Im looking at stage 2s n d66.... but a friend is having hard timesand found out his girl is pregnant again. His 96' 2500 reg cab 4x4 cummins with auto trans he said he going to sell for $1500 bc it needs all new steering linkages shocks tires are shot but hold air. He just spend like $3000 on a new trans last summer.... my question is, could i do swap for same price or less then inj n turbo on my truck? Would it make more power? Could i use either his new trans or my new trans? Im a psd guy dont know a whole lot about cummins. But people tell me u can build a cumming and turn sick power for pennies vs $10,000+ on a psd...or should i get the truck and put a grand into it and flip for $5-7000 like they goin for on craigslist then use that for injectors, turbo, efuel, hpop, intercoller d60.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the cummins a 4BT or 6BT? (4 cylinder/6 cylinder) Is it turbo charged?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is the cummins a 4BT or 6BT? (4 cylinder/6 cylinder) Is it turbo charged?
its a turbo 6 cylinder with a mechanical pump.

honestly i would if your looking for power, but remeber that its going to cost to do the swap then cost more to upgrade the cummins not like the 7.3 would but its probably going to cost more than doing the upgrades on your engine now but in the long run it would probably be more cost effective to do the swap.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mustangracer42 does fummins conversions his name is jeremy good guy look him up

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My brother bought the truck and is fixing it now for himself.... no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts