Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
new to the internet
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 OBS 7.3 spontaneously started smoking blue with loss of power. Had a mechanic pull some codes and said I have a high to low open on the left bank, couldn't tell much more due to a month wait. I rebuilt the turbo, meticulously, and replaced a suspect injector. I seem to have fixed the turbo leaking, up pipes/down pipe clean, no mess in valley from pedestal. Power has returned with the injector replacement but it still smokes constantly on start up and plumes when accelerating.

I still notice a lag starting around 36-40 mph that clears if I see it through on the pedal, but will get wormy without acceleration. I then replaced both UVCH thinking they could be shot, although both were working condition. At this point I'm thinking IDM problem, but the multimeter checks out, each plug, injector, harness, at 42 pin, up to the IDM. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Yes, if it's blue then you're chasing the wrong problem. White can be fuel, black is fuel. But blue is always oil, not fuel.

Also, what the heck a high to low open?

·
new to the internet
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, if it's blue then you're chasing the wrong problem. White can be fuel, black is fuel. But blue is always oil, not fuel.
Correct. I'm suspect the IDM is causing the injector(s) to act up.

Also, what the heck a high to low open?
P1294 - High side open bank No. 2 (left) - Open circuit, faulty IDM.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
how many miles on the injectors? If they are weak the thick cool oil may not pump through them then as it warms up they start working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts