Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the positive cable on my 7.3, but can't find ANYBODY who has one in. Anybody got a "secret supplier" I can buy from?

·
Administrator
8,682 Posts
i got mine from NAPA.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got mine from NAPA.
Heh. Called them, and they said they have it....for $19. Not the right one, of course. Looks like a regular cable for a single battery system...sort of. There's a salvage yard nearby that has a 2001 F-250 that came in a few weeks ago. Don't know what engine, but I may go take a look tomorrow

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
What year of a 7.3? It sounds like you have a 97.

Tell them what engine it has. My local NAPA has a couple in stock for pickup today but if you just ask for a cable for xxxx year of truck odds are they are going to look up the one for a gas truck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year of a 7.3? It sounds like you have a 97.

Tell them what engine it has. My local NAPA has a couple in stock for pickup today but if you just ask for a cable for xxxx year of truck odds are they are going to look up the one for a gas truck.
I did (2001). Lady said this WAS for a 7.3. Website shows the same, but it's not the same setup as the 1C3Z-14300-CA Ford part.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is that the lead has broken away, and the metal ring is broken (passenger side). If I could get the terminals to create a replacement battery connection, the rest of it is fine. It connects to both batteries and the starter.

·
Administrator
8,682 Posts
NAPA part # CBL 718233
lists as $81.99 price
EDIT: this is the wrong number for the diesel, it is for the V-10

edit

·
Administrator
8,682 Posts
sorry bout that, i did not notice the engine selector switched to V10.

here is the proper cable from RiffRaff for $100

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry bout that, i did not notice the engine selector switched to V10.

here is the proper cable from RiffRaff for $100
But RiffRaff doesn't actually have it. I'm wondering if the NAPA cable is the one, but not sure about how it connects to the other battery.....or to the solenoid (got a molded Y connector on the original)

·
Administrator
8,682 Posts
the diesel cable has battery clamps on both sides.
the V10 cable is different

·
Administrator
8,682 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
summit has it for $137
ford parts giant shows in stock for $116
I ordered from FordPartsGiant last Friday. Today I got an email saying they had canceled my order :-( Summit says it ships in May....if ordered now. I don't know it that means they will have them in stock in May. I should probably call them tomorrow and ask that question.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Have you gone into NAPAonline and looked at their cables after you put in the engine for your truck?

I looked at mine for a 96 and the first couple of cables were for a single battery but further down the page were the ones for the dual batteries.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you gone into NAPAonline and looked at their cables after you put in the engine for your truck?

I looked at mine for a 96 and the first couple of cables were for a single battery but further down the page were the ones for the dual batteries.
I did, but I’ll go back and look again. I’ve got a NAPA close by. MY go by there tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
You can look it up on your computer or phone then just take the part number in

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: tmsbandman

·
Registered
337 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts