Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought you ghttp://community.webshots.com/album/576761785PgcolO?vhost=communityuys might like these?

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, they are opend up huge. you'll have to let us know how you like them, what they changed in spool up, egts, looks good
their not done yet but yeah theres alot of material gone. tons and tons of time in 1 head already. im just being creful not to go through and or make the walls to thin. hopefuly they help.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the difference between stock and the 90%done head is unreal. also shaved around 5-7 pounds of weight. not that that matters

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
the difference between stock and the 90%done head is unreal. also shaved around 5-7 pounds of weight. not that that matters
If you want to make the intake port a little straighter you can add a little material to the outisde of the casting where the pushrod travels close to. There is alot of extra room for the pushrod that doesn't need to be there.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want to make the intake port a little straighter you can add a little material to the outisde of the casting where the pushrod travels close to. There is alot of extra room for the pushrod that doesn't need to be there.
that my main goal. straightning the intake side out as much as possible,as well as ramping the runner twards the valve,and making the runners as smooth as glasss. i was thinking of welding up at the top of the intake runners around the first apexs (bends) then grinding out super straight,but with not being able to hog the runner out true all the way through, i dont believe it would net me anything over what i wil gain now.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
If you look at the intake valve openings the back sides of the valves are shrouded a little bit. It looks to be a continuation of the seat angle into the face of the head. This is there to promote swirl into the cylinders. Not sure what it would do to the low lift flow number if you removed them to open up the valves.

Have you thought about blending the two intake ports together as far down as possible and then knive edge them. Similar to the 5.4L 4V navigator heads...

I might know someone that would rework the ports inside the manifold for you. :poke:

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you look at the intake valve openings the back sides of the valves are shrouded a little bit. It looks to be a continuation of the seat angle into the face of the head. This is there to promote swirl into the cylinders. Not sure what it would do to the low lift flow number if you removed them to open up the valves.

Have you thought about blending the two intake ports together as far down as possible and then knive edge them. Similar to the 5.4L 4V navigator heads...

I might know someone that would rework the ports inside the manifold for you. :poke:
those shrouds are gone. i figured with being a forced inducted setup psi will be my friend there.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats a very good idea! common runner. my only caution would be the reliabilty for how long and $ went in them. my first thought would be to cut and weld?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
thats a very good idea! common runner. my only caution would be the reliabilty for how long and $ went in them. my first thought would be to cut and weld?
I just think about it like this. A set of bare Blue Thunder aluminum heads is 1699. By the time you are done with them and flowing what you want them to flow. You will be in the neighborhood of 7500 dollars.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Doug can I send you my heads to have them "worked on"?

Sorry to derail but 5 to 7 lbs of material is a lot of meat. Nice job so far though.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Doug can I send you my heads to have them "worked on"?

Sorry to derail but 5 to 7 lbs of material is a lot of meat. Nice job so far though.
I talked to Kyle on the phone earlier. He is going to town with these things. Lets see where this goes. If there is enough interest in the results it might be easier to have them digitized and then it could be done alot quicker with repeatability on a Centroid cylinder head machine.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts