Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this popping noise coming from the right front wheel well.
I have hanged on all the steering components and they dont feel loose or have any play? it does not feel like the wheel bearings or the ball joints.

Any suggestions about what it could be? If so how could i tell if that is the problem?

Thanks

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
does it happen when you turn or in a straight line?

·
Registered
501 Posts
When does it happen? When braking? Going over bumps? Turning? Going off sweet jumps?

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
When does it do it? How loud? Need a little more information.

Also, check your sway bar end link bushings. If it does it going over bumps, that is probably where your problem is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like it does it more turning but it has done it going straiht as well. It is loud enough that i can here it over the roar of nitto mud grapplers.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
No idea on the lift but sway bar downlinks sound like squeay matress springs when going over bumps, so you can prob rule those out as yours sounds more sharp. But they do go bad easy. I assume new shocks came with the lift too so your down towards hubs,ball joints, bearings springs ...is the sound on both sides or one

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
bad U joint on one of the axels ??

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
as a rule..no it should not...but if its dirty and full of crud it may stick in the semi locked position..or if you have ESOF there could be a small vac leak letting it try to lock...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i figured out the problem the right sway bar link.
Would it be better to replace the links or just the bushings?
What are the best and most affordable and where do i get them?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts