Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
This week I started having trouble with my clutch, which was replaced about 40k ago, according to the previous owner.
I am having a click or pop right when the clutch engages and it sort of catches exactly at that point and spins the tires.
I cant release the clutch slowly anymore. I am thinking there is something going on with the fork and pivot maybe?
Though I would see if anyone else had had similar problems.
Thanks for the info

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I had a 99 F350 that did that. The mechanic said the fork was broken and that's what made the noise.

·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
Its probably the fork

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the same thing at first.
Ive had the truck sitting over the weekend because of this issue and now that it is in the mid 50s out (instead of the -5 to 10deg temps we had all last week) I cant get the truck to pop or creak any more. Took it to a trans shop this morning and they told me that the cold weather may effect the seals inside the slave cylinder.
Anyone else dealt with this before?

·
383 Posts
never had it happen, even in below zero numbers but the assembly is made out of plastic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Ive been driving the piss out of this truck and still cant get it to act up like it was in the cold last week. I guess ill try to make a video of the noise when it gets cold again later in the week if it starts to pop. Im stumped as to what the issue is. I hate to replace the slave and master without identifying them as the issue. Not a fan of throwing parts at problems, even though i end up doing it sometimes to stay out of a repair shop

·
383 Posts
maybe it was just the fluid thickening up with cold? Im always worried about the pivot piece myself, after I broke it and found out it was made of cheap plastic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts