Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a pop when backing into my driveway the other night, so I went to a parking lot so I had room to play with it. It is making a slight pop and you can feel it kind of binding. It feels like it is coming from the front left and is only felt when the wheel is turned to certain different points. I'm planning on putting it on jack stand today to see if I can pin point it, but if it is the universal knuckle on the shaft, are they re buildable, or what else should I be checking ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So. I jacked it up, and tried to move the tire , grabbing the top and bottom. No movement. It's not the axle knuckle because I have Warren hubs and they are not turning when not locked in. I did just change dope in the rear end and did not put any of the friction stuff in it so I figured I may be feeling a bind from that trying to lock. I put one tire on the ground, one in the air and put it in drive. No grabbing there so I obviously have an open rear end. What, or how else should I check for this before payin a chunk to have new wheel bearings put in, on hopes that that fixes the binding I'm feeling ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check out the bushings in your leaf springs. Also check track bar bushings if its a solid axle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts