Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been working on these on and off the past few days finally finished, I used mothers billet Polish it took two cans and 20 microfiber towels but I gotta say they are looking good now. I think I will pay someone next time. Anyone have any tips on making this job easier or to help keep them shining longer?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear

Attachments

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Nice 2Dstorm as much as you drive I would reccomend powder coating them black a lot easier to keep them looking clean and sharp that way with a lot less maintenance. I have had after market wheels on every vehicle I have owned for the last 15 years and black powder coat has been the easiest to up keep and looking good. I have flat black on my truck now which almost looks better dirty LOL. Just my .02cents. There's a guy here in town with a slammed dually HD truck with black powder coated wheels and spikes like your it looks really sharp.

·
Strokin Roughneck
118 Posts
You could always try using the Mothers Power Cone. Good looking wheels though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the cone but it's only good for one use at 30 bucks a pop I'm too cheap for that. I tried to clean it but it wasn't working.

·
Strokin Roughneck
118 Posts
WOW I didnt know that it was only good for one use. I have one(given to me) that I was planing on using.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once you get it dirty it's done! You will never get the black out of it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mothers powerball for me for the last few years. the oxidation (black) washes right out with dish soap. the foam breaks down after about 5 polishes but still worth it to me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I used the mothers powerball on the wheels on the fire truck and it lasted through both rear axles and both front wheels but its a one time deal.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make'n 10's look like 20's ref. from the movie "Friday" just for those who don't get

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason it took so long to polish these was cause I just got back from rapid city sd they where spraying some kind of de-ice chemical on the road that is some nasty stuff stuck to my wheels like glue

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the point I was just giving you a hard time where should I have made this post?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts