Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start this is my first 7.3 PS and I am learning as I go.

After weeks and weeks of trying to diagnose what the issue is with my truck from replacing ICP, IPR, UVCH's, oil/filter replacement, fuel filter replacement, PCM test, buzz test, replacing engine wiring harness, replacing GP's, new batteries/cables, starter, cleaning every ground and having the valve covers off 5 times I find now that none of my injectors on the passenger side are getting what I think is the right amount of oil. Funny thing is IPR duty is only 11-12% idling and 22% under 1/4 pedal. HPOP pressure is 612-636 psi idling and 2280-2810 at 3/4 pedal.

When I first start the truck it idles very erratic, HPOP bounces from 600 to 1100 and idle rpm jumps in harmony with HPOP from 710 to 1100. After about 1 minute of doing this it smooths out and idles 710 rpm HPOP 636 psi. Push the gas pedal down and it slowly, missing and shaking the truck climbs up. Thinking this was an HPOP or oil leak issue I watched IPR duty cycle from cold start to operating temp and it does not climb and HPOP pressure doesn't plummet.

I decided to pull the valve covers last night to inspect the injectors (truck running)and I find the injectors on the driver side are dumping oil out excessively and the passenger side has drips coming out. Driver side was so much as it's running oil was being sucked up into the turbo from the back injector. Also a lot of smoke from the motor out the holes in the heads.

Truck idles terrible, has no power unless above 2000 rmp, misses and bounces and struggles to get there when pedal is pushed. If you release the gas pedal truck sputters and dies. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. MY FATHER IN LAW IS DIEING OF CANCER AND WE ARE TRYING TO GET THERE TO SEE HIM. THIS IS OUR ONLY VEHICLE AND THE TRIP IS OVER 1200 MILES FROM VA TO MO. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To give a little more info I traded for this truck and it was not running when I got it. I have 0 experience with the 7.3. The previous owner had installed the wrong pedestal and up pipes so I bought the correct 99E pedestal and up pipes. I then got it running but has always ran terrible. That's when I started replacing the parts with the info a local shop, forums and videos told me what could be wrong. I have 0 info on what has been changed, added or is aftermarket on this truck from previous owner. He vanished after the trade. From what I can tell or guess it looks like someone has done upgrades. It has a TS 6 position chip, 4" downpipe with straight exhaust, what looks to me like an aftermarket turbo and wheel and intake. I will attach photos of the injectors and turbo...maybe someone can tell me if they are aftermarket. I bought a bluetooth OBD2 and have Torque and Car Gauge Pro.

Sense I got this truck my family has been thru a lot. I have lost my business/house due to covid-19 and my father in law is battling cancer. We were planning on moving to help him with his cancer treatment and appointments and recently got news it's not curable/spread and he is dyeing. We don't have a lot of money and this truck is the only vehicle we have left. If you have any idea what is happening with this truck or what could be causing this please let me know. Thank you in advance. This is pretty much my last hope.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
153 Posts
is your truck throwing any codes? or does it have any stored codes?, i see the truck has the 50 cent mod done. let us know if it has any codes. I would also yank the chip and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
153 Posts
NO CODES!!
I would swap CPS and see if that fixes the issue (could always return or keep as spare if not CPS), and if CPS did not fix issue I would get the IDM tested and or if you know someone with similar powerstroke use their IDM as a test to see if the issue is the same with their IDM.

·
Project Shamu
3,152 Posts
I would be guessing an IDM as well. I had mine go bad and it shut down the passenger side bank completely. I've read of a few other people this happened to as well.

See if you can borrow one from a know good truck and try it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
where you located?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
153 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts