Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wanna cookie?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work and stopped at a girl friends embroidery shop to place an order with her and she told me that her son, who they've had multiple behavioral/drug problems with in the last year or so, has not been seen or in contact with anyone now for 48 hours. Andrew is 15.

She's basically in survival mode and doesn't know what else to do. They'd filed a police report but there's a difference between a "runaway" and "missing child" and no one was doing much to call her back or give them information about what was being done to look for him. I used some contacts at the police department and got them on the ball, but still nothing.

Please, please pray for Laura and her family and that Andrew is found safe and sound SOON!!!

Thanks you guys,
Ang

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine also!

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Sent.!!! Hope they find him. Safe.

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Prayers sent!!

·
Colorado PowerStroke Club
1,207 Posts
That is so scary. Kids just have no idea what they are getting into. Teenagers can be so head strong and stressful.

My prayers are with the family for his safe return, and for his eyes to be opened to make some positive changes in his life.

·
Wanna cookie?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No update. Last night, I called the police department and used some contacts I had to get the shift sergeant to finally call the mother back. The officer that took the report was gone for the weekend, and I guess not intending to check back until Monday.

It's always a question of "runaway" versus "missing person". Now he's a missing person. It's excruciating driving around, looking under bridges and back alleys and asking his buddies if anyone's seen him. We did more leg work than the police have. My heart is breaking for his parents, seeing his mom in survival mode only, really crushes me.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Having 2 kids this is a delicate subject and I know I would loose it if one of my boys was missing. Prayers sent .

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Prayers sent. Keep us informed

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
prayers sent, sorry to hear

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Update????

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I hope he is fine but a 15 year old boy should be just fine.

I started leaving for days at a time when I was 12 or so and I moved to a different city and severed contact for a few years from my family days after I turned 18.

There was a time when a 15 year old would have been expected to hold down the fort while the family was away. What is with all the coddling of todays kids?

·
Wanna cookie?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He's home. Thank you for all the prayers.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
There was a time when a 15 year old would have been expected to hold down the fort while the family was away. What is with all the coddling of todays kids?
exactly.

Im happy the kid was found safe but when I was 12 or 13 my mom had trusted me enough to stay home alone...at 15 I was already working part time.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Glad he's ok.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I was on my third car by the time I turned 15.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
He's home. Thank you for all the prayers.
good, now someone needs to beat the living #### out of him till he gets his act together. hate to sound like the prick here on this one, but kids that run away intentionally take away the opportunity to find a kid that was abducted. I'm glad he is safe and sound now, but someone needs to do something to help the boy before he does this again. Ang I know you have a good heart, so maybee you should sit down with your friend and have a heart to heart. if something is not done soon, these run a way events will continue. The kid is crying for help, so someone needs to give it to him.

Good luck Ang

1 - 20 of 21 Posts