Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 EX and I'm only getting around 11.5 mpg. Is this normal? Here is a list of mods: ARP head studs and Ford head gaskets, new Ford HPOP, Oil Cooler, water pump, mishimotto radiator, banks intercooler, piping, high ram intake, new 205cc Warrens performance injectors, cam sensor, bd diesel manifolds, ported intake manifold, S366 turbo, AFE cold air, aeromotive a100 fuel pump, sump pimp, auromotive fuel pressure regulator, Dozers diesel fuel return system, Egr deleted, SCT tuner w/ innovative custom tunes. Also, has Kelderman air ride 7-8" suspension and running 37" toyo mts. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. The previous owner said he consistently averaged 17 mpg on the highway and I'm no where close to that

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,488 Posts
I find that hard to believe I average 14-16 consistently and only have 33" tires with 22" wheels no lift or anything. Sounds like your mpg is pretty close to where it should be. Maybe look at having it re geared?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I think the PO lied to you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, he probably did lie about it. This is my first power stroke so I didn't really know what to expect. I've always ran cummins and always got really good fuel mileage with them

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,488 Posts
I just drove to Barstow and back last night round trip of about 350 miles give or take all 75-80 mph and was happy I got 17. 6.0 are great when running good and have great power but never been known for great gas mileage from everything I have seen or read.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if your looking for better gas mileage you might talk to some of the tunner guys and see what they can do for you or find some one that wants to trade smaller size injectors for your larger ones other wise your probably stuck with 11 or 12 tops

1 - 6 of 6 Posts