Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some help with truck in sig. I have high EGT issues with my truck both unloaded and loaded. I tow a 5500 lb TT. I have changed every fluid exept diff fluid. New fuel filter, Air filter is good only has about 6000 miles on it. I have checked up pipes there is no soot. Did a boost leak test today, no leaks. Last week data loged with AE while towing and nothing was abnormal. What else can I check? I can hit 1200+ with no problems. I am not able to use full potential of truck because of this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Is your EBPV closing on you? With everything you said you checked it almost could only be a restriction in the exhaust. What are your boost numbers? Incidentally and it is probably not the cause, but the WW your using moves less air than the stock wheel. Your going to have less boost at high RPM's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we put the WW in We welded the EBPV open. I can hit 26 lbs of boost. The temps seem to be a tad better after the WW install but they still climb to fast. Norcaldiesel I see you have a DP and are using overboost annihilator, why do you need that? Do you run code tunes?

·
Registered
229 Posts
How old is the pyrometer? They are pretty notorious for going out.... i would make sure i am indeed getting high egt's since the AE software showed nothing. I have to change the thermocouplers in my race car pretty frequently and it has 8 of them LOL

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When we put the WW in We welded the EBPV open. I can hit 26 lbs of boost. The temps seem to be a tad better after the WW install but they still climb to fast. Norcaldiesel I see you have a DP and are using overboost annihilator, why do you need that? Do you run code tunes?
Had it on before the DP and never removed it. That's a lot of boost on a stock turbo. I did not see my up-pipe leak until I removed them to install a set of IH up's. My soot pattern was behind the pipes on the engine side and not visible. But both were leaking badly. The pass side up-pipe where it goes into the collector was smaller in diameter than the drivers side. Those donuts do not seal well. I had elevated EGT's and that is where I ended. I also made a Charged Air pressure tester to make sure my boots and intercooler weren't leaking.

Whats your fuel mileage like? Could have an Injector(s) dumping fuel. Or it could be tuning??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gauges are only 5 months old this could be the prob but how could I test the probe? My fuel mileage sucks I can't get better than 13mpg unloaded and on my last camping trip two weeks ago I got 8.5mpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts