Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please help me!

Backstory :

I drove to my friends house about 15 miles away at 7am on Sunday, parked it in a lot and went to work with him until about 3-4pm. Upon attempting to start my truck, the starter wouldn't click so we grabbed a hammer and tapped on it. Fired up and then drove home, after I got home and parked in the street. I shut it off, then fired it back up after waiting roughly 1-1.5 minutes to see if the starter would work and which it did fire up. I shut her back down and stepped out of the truck, I heard dripping so I looked under and radiator fluid is pouring out the bottom passenger side of the radiator... I cracked open the radiator cap to check things out, and its pitch black. I got oil in the radiator...

I pulled the dipstick multiple times to check for coolant and came up with nothing but the oil was super low...any idea guys?

·
Registered
322 Posts
still trying to think why coolant was pouring out of pass. side of rad.?
does your rad. in the truck have plastic end tanks? where your rad. cap screws on, is that plastic?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I get to the bolts for the front side of the oil cooler through the wheel well if I remove it? Has anyone done this job before?

·
<-Friends bike
1,125 Posts
Can I get to the bolts for the front side of the oil cooler through the wheel well if I remove it? Has anyone done this job before?
I used a very long extension through the wheel opening. you will need to glue the new front header gasket to the motor ,or the header to install it ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts