Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
@Hartwig
Terminal 85 and 86 for the start relay operate the coil
test with a light for power with the key in start position
also ground on the opposite terminal is from pin 4 of the pcm connector -- test by connecting your light to a power source
you already proved that jumping from terminal 30 to 87 would turn the starter

The connections inside the cjb could be tightened up with pliers -- save some money
That's exactly how I checked the contacts. All signals present. 30, 85 and 86. I have provisionally started truck with the wire solution 30 to 87. I will check the changes in the wiring today.

·
Registered
136 Posts
@Hartwig Take some needle nose pliers and squeeze the fuse connection a little -- with the fuse out
those add on fuse holders are often just a blade terminal in a rubber housing

I hope this is correct, you have done all the work with translating

Nehmen Sie eine Nadelnasenzange und drücken Sie die Sicherungsverbindung ein wenig -- mit der Sicherung heraus
diese auf Sicherungshalter hinzufügen sind oft nur eine Klinge Klemme in einem Gummigehäuse
Now I know the issue with the starter relay port. Will try to fix ist.

I meant to say that the installation of this 3 fuses was not done well . I will remove the tape around the wires today to see to where the wires go.
I hate unprofessional work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Journey is not at the end.
I have now stripped all the non-original cables and have to correct myself. As I have now found out, the green relay I showed above, is NOT the fuel pump relocation relay, it is just useless !!
I will draw the wiring of the relay at home and post some pictures.
In principle the PCM on the C1381a pin34 and pin 46, as well as the EGR valve and MAF sensor were supplied with VPWR (B+ switched by the green relay). Nothing more.
This is also the reason why I had no access to the PCM without the (erroneous FP) relay. The PCM was not supplied with power!
In 2 hours I will be at home and post more.
Why someone did this is a BIG mystery to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
here you can see the wiring as it had been changed. Now it is also clear why I had no PCM access when the fuel pump was not running > the PCM was without power.
But this also means: the fuel pump relay in the CJB has to work. Why someone made this change is a mystery to me. I will now rebuild everything back to the original design and test it. Maybe there will be an error occur which makes this crazy action seem logical.

Does anybody know how this place looks like in the original? Here the PCM switched power is divided into 2 wires .(PCM switched power C1381a pin 34+46 RD)

·
Registered
136 Posts
if I only knew... :-/
I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I'll just build it all back up and see what happens. I don't know why people do things like this. Most of all, it's impossible to diagnose a fault with such "modifications". The branches for the MAF sensor and the EGR valve were hidden in the wiring harness. From the outside, everything looked like it was untouched.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,435 Posts
Here the PCM switched power is divided into 2 wires .(PCM switched power C1381a pin 34+46 RD)
This is correct

are such connections like this from 1 to 2 wires original?
I believe so. I might be able to tell for sure if you gave me the wire colors and which PCM connector they go to.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,435 Posts
here you can see the wiring as it had been changed. Now it is also clear why I had no PCM access when the fuel pump was not running > the PCM was without power.
But this also means: the fuel pump relay in the CJB has to work. Why someone made this change is a mystery to me. I will now rebuild everything back to the original design and test it. Maybe there will be an error occur which makes this crazy action seem logical.

The (red) circuit #361 (switched power) should go to the PCM (from CJB connector 270h, pin 5 to C1381a, pins 34 and 46). Also to the Mass Air Flow sensor and EGR Valve as you posted. In addition it also feeds the Electronic Fan Clutch, the IPR sensor, and the GPCM.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello guys,
I've now rebuilt everything back and the engine is running. Now I have to assemble the interior, tomorrow I want to do a test drive.
Unfortunately the lamp for the ABS and the CEL lights up in the dash, so I have to search for faults.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you still have a VIN mismatch w/ the ABS module, that could be the issue ...............

I wonder if it would start with the old PCM (assuming it is the new one you have in there now)?
Hello Mark, what is a VIN mismatch? actually the new PCM is connected.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,435 Posts
I assumed it was the new PCM.

I asked about the old PCM simply out of curiosity - to see if you would have trouble starting (and communicating) AFTER all your wiring work.

As far as the ABS system - someone could have installed an ABS Control Module that wasn't for your model year. That will throw a code and probably an engine light.

301 - 320 of 341 Posts