Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 f350 6.0 it has egr delete, no engine codes showing at all just got truck 2 months ago. ive had intermittent turbo work then not work found a wire that goes to top had bad wires fixed this. now 2 weeks later truck is a slug going down road no turbo pressure at all, today I took off turbo and cleaned inside put it back together and reinstalled it, I noticed 1 cac boot has lines but not cracks yet. took for a drive and no boost still now sounds like major exhaust leak present wth did I do omg. I rechecked exhaust clamps and they are tight and straight as I redid them to be sure. does this mean I need a new turbo?? I really hope not as wow the price. boost prior was 0-20 at most never seen it gain any higher with towing trailer either was this the sign of turbo going bad?

this my first diesel any and all help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
699 Posts
Collector pipe that inputs into turbo is probably not straight, its tough to get straight. Do some seaches here and on you tube to get it right, copper spray a gasket is a bandaid so look elsewhere. After your exhaust leak is fixed check for a boost leak.

·
Registered
24 Posts
X3. Make sure the Y pipe is seated to the Turbo before you tighten the clamp. It took me several tries before I realized that the Y pipe was not seated to the turbo properly and you hear a loud wooshing sound when you start it up. It helps to line them up if the Y pipe is loose at the manifold so it can be moved easily. There is a raised lip on the pipe flange that fits into the turbo inlet so it seals properly.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Mine wouldn't get above 5 psi boost, then i messed with again and got up to 20 but you would hear it leak bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok turns out need new turbo, says I have to change oil in truck which I never done yet haven't went 2k miles even lol, what better 15w40 or this new t6 synthetic 5-40 for this truck ?

there was oil spiral out rear of turbo pipe seal bad my conclusion on the turbo (for curious minds)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok no one told me this but for future if someone has same issue take a look at ur maf sensor clean it and make sure ur map sensor hose is connected to intake(mine wasn't) geez put new turbo in and didn't work then found hose put back on and BOOM I have 25 pounds of boost fck yea :D

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Not to sound mean, but a simple search of "low boost 6.0" would have told you many times over to check your map line, and EBP sensor and tube. Can't believe it wasn't mentioned here already honestly. Those two are immediate things to check on low boost issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts