Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a universal backup camera, i have a pioneer 2300dvd

how the heck do i hook this thing up..the yellow av jack is hook up to camera and to R.C. in on back of headunit...where do the positive and negative wire go..

there is a violet wire in headunit that says reverse signal wire..

so confused..please help

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
The wire on the back of the HU thats says reverse signal. I forgot exactly what wire color it was. A google will prolly get you the correct color for your truckm. But its under the drivers door sill i believe its the wire that illuminates the reverse lights. But it tests hot when placed in reverse. Its just a signal to click the display over to camera. Then you need a positive and ground off the camera itself. I pulled it from the trailer light hookup. I have mine run to a constant hot while ignition is on. so i can click it over whenever i want (while truck is on) not just when switched in reverse.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just wired my camera's power wires to the sterio power wires and didnt bother with the reverse wire the camera works when ever I want it to.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you hooked up a switch? so you can turn it on whenever?

·
Registered
363 Posts
What year is your truck? you need blk/pink stripe. Drivers kick panel harness to rear on 03 and under. 04 and up is located on back side of fuse box.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got it hooked to my reverse light and hot wire running to headunit..works perfectly now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.