Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys know anything about the Platinum windshield visor, please reply to this. I was wondering if there is replacement light housings that instead of amber are clear. I dont want to lose the visor because IMO i think the visor is what makes a platinum a platinum.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but gosh *&^( i just cant bring myself to painting them and then doing that cuz its just not as clean as if you had the clear housings, then paint matched them and had the amber LED's under it....I think that would look so much better.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I have really been enjoying it. I have amp steps, aftermarket sunroof (that is the double seal which doesn't leak!, roll locking bed cover. And just a small program. I just am gonna drive it for now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw Strokin6 your rig looks really good too! :rockon:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I found my Platinum sitting just north of Omaha and I want to buy it back. It is just not getting treated right where it is now. I always got a lot of attention when I had it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh sweet! Im sure you get plenty of attention of many different types in that sexy black beast your driving haha! Good looking truck bud!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump! Can anyone else think of anything? Just general ideas if what to do with the visor. I don't wanna take it off, but would like to get rid of the amber.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks brother I appreciate it! The Camera is a friend of mines that's like a brother and he took some of ten but some of the ones you see I took. The camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my brother just bought a platinum, and he wanted the same for his, clear lights, but couldn't find them. so we just smoked them. sorry i couldn't help more. sweet looking rig man!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if there is a way you could make a mold and make some clear ones?

·
Registered
63 Posts
i bet you could out of fiberglass, and then use a liquid plastic to make them. don't know how you would get it to "set up" though. i think you need heat for that.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
How can the visor "make a platinum a platinum"....when they didn't all come with visors?
Just curious...

·
Registered
545 Posts
They all came with visors, So did lariat LE's. Alot of guys took em off but there is some body work required. There are 4 mounds that need to be taken off the roof to make it look right.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UNBROKEN

:whs::ford:

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Not in Texas they didn't. I almost bought one brand new without a visor.
Google "platinum f250 pics" and you'll see quite a few.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I wonder if there is a way you could make a mold and make some clear ones?
I'd think you would be able to do this, might need to get some sort of a group buy going or something though to get the cost down. But maybe if you can find a smaller plastic injection molding company that would be willing to do it, but you would have to pull yours or get a set to send to them to mold and then recreate, or maybe figure it all out on your own.

Something like these guys (just a link from a google search) Plastic Injection Molding Company

I know I have a friend with a Lariat LE that would probably be interested.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts