Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone very use plasti dip on body panels or hood? What or how did you outline it? Tape? I tired to tape it on the hood but it setup faster then I could get the tape off. Even tired spraying and pulling tape right behind it, no go either, any help or tips greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let it dry before you take the tape off. That's what I did on my car, I only plasti dipped my spoiler, but it worked fine.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I will have to let it dry longer

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have found that if I put it on too thick I have to CAREFULLY go along the tape line with a razor.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about the razor too. I am gonna try again tomorrow morning I will get something figured out

·
Registered
208 Posts
i plastidipped my badges and trim and since it comes off i didnt worry about taping or anything i just cut where i wanted it to peel off then peeled it off the paint like a sticker

·
Registered
22 Posts
i once plasti dipped a set of wheels and i kept the dip on them over the winter so that the salt and other crap didn't eat away at my chrome wheels. it protected them very very well considering that i put on about 4-5 layers of the dip on. I also want to mention that i did let the wheels dry for a full 24 hours before putting them back on the truck. But now the issue that i ran into was when i went to peel the dip off, it was very dry and kept ripping. it took me about 4 days to get all the remaining plasti dip off my wheels... huge pain in the ass if you ask me. If i ever want to black out anything or have something covered i think its much easier to just get it painted professionally. But for a quick protection or cool look plasti dip is cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Ive been thinking about doing a house of kolor type paint on my truck. Check out dipyourcar.com figure it would be cheaper then a real paint job & if I don't like it I can always have my old paint back for free

·
Registered
23 Posts
i once plasti dipped a set of wheels and i kept the dip on them over the winter so that the salt and other crap didn't eat away at my chrome wheels. it protected them very very well considering that i put on about 4-5 layers of the dip on.
Never thought of that, thanks for the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts