Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, in case you havent seen it, I finally picked up a PSD. It wasnt exactly what I was looking for, but I think it will fit the bill nicely. I bought it from a member on here for a good price, and have already gotten the mod stuff started. Just gonna put all this out here, and I'll update this thread along the way to show the progress of the truck as it takes shape. Look for plenty of questions along the way:

EDIT: I didnt even add a picture, or tell you anything about the truck! It's an early 99 F350 SRW 4x2 - was completely stock, save for a K&N :doh: with 226K on the clock. As of today, it has over 228, and thats only been a few weeks, haha.

The only pic I have for now...

Here are the plans: (in no certain order)
MPG/Maintenance first:
-4" MBRP Turboback (on order)
-ISSPRO EV gauge setup (on order)
-Fluid/filter changes
-Any other suggestions?

Cosmetics:
-Wheels: 17's or 18's not sure which wheel I'll wind up with
-Drop: Blocks and shackles first, then move on to a 3/5
-tinted tails/brake light, tinted park lights, then HD stuf
-4500K HID's (DDMTUNING)
-Painted mirrors, grille and bumpers
-Re-tint the windows as dark as I can get away with, lol

Interior:
-Alpine CDA-9855 Headunit
-Memphis Performance Reference Series Coaxials, then later components
-Image Dynamics IDQ 10.2 Subwoofer in a slot ported box
-Not sure about Ampage

Randoms:
-Either painting my small in-box toolbox black, or adding a full length black box - gonna go in-bed here too.
-Amber strobes (I'm in the towing/recovery business)
-5th wheel hitch
-Hard-wired power inverter
-Two tone paint: either Black/white, or red/white

I think that's it for now... Will edit this as plans change, lol

What do you guys think? Anything else I should add/change?

Thanks!
-Michael

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, was just fixing that!

am I the only one who really HATES the stock wheels? Might do something cheap liek paint between the spokes black, and leave the flat parts cleared/polished looking.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
The wheels you have now aren't bad! I'd upgrade to 05 headlights if you're going to go HID anyway.

What are you going to do to lower the front? Some gasser springs out of a junkyard might drop you an inch or so, and taking out the block from the rear should be good for two.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's probably where I'll start, drop-wise. There's a '00 F250 XL V10 that's in the local JY and I've already pulled the grille off of, and will probably be pulling the bumpers to paint, later. I might just do the blocks for now on the rear, to get it closer to level.

Wanna hear something funny? My roomate has the engine in his mustang! Its not finished yet, but I'm looking forward to the conclusion of that project.

Only reason I'm contemplating the wheel change is that I'm about in need of tires, and I cant see spending that kinda cake on tires, when I could find a set of bigger/nicer used wheels and tires for not much more.

HD's with HID's is def gonna be in the future, lol.

Trying to decide whether I wanna go with chrome or black wheels... *scratches chin* Maybe two tone?

Decisions!

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Either one looks good with white. Depends on how you go with everything else. I'm sure you saw Budro's white CCSB in "Pics Of Lowered 2wd's). That is more of a truck leaning towards chrome/white. But I see lots of trucks that go white/black and look awesome too... It's all about preferance.

I don't think I've seen many white/black lowered trucks with black wheels come to think about it...

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I saw it... If I go chrome wheels, I'd rather go with chrome (regular) ;05 style lights, and either tint the rears, or some red LED tails.

I know the white/chrome is the classy (and more popular) choice, but I like bein a little different sometimes. I plan to make it stand out in the crowd, but still be presentable to customers when needed. I think the White/Black/Polished look will turn out nice, but it's gonna take time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Pull the Emblems, the side trim down the doors, paint the mirrors and door handles to match, pull the steps off(unless you're a midget), stick a smooth painted to match wiper cowl. Billet wiper arms and a shorter billet antenna. Skip buying a painted to match rear bumper and get a roll pan and a hidden hitch.

I could keep going if you would like lol... I used to build/drive show trucks.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Pull the Emblems, the side trim down the doors, paint the mirrors and door handles to match, pull the steps off(unless you're a midget), stick a smooth painted to match wiper cowl. Billet wiper arms and a shorter billet antenna. Skip buying a painted to match rear bumper and get a roll pan and a hidden hitch.

I could keep going if you would like lol... I used to build/drive show trucks.
HAHA. I gave him a similar list the other day.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
definitely go with 05 headlights on it, and get rid of the trim on the rocker panels. and ditch the k&n.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, the K&N was the first thing to go! Tinting some taillights today...

I will be pulling the body side mouldings off today, if time allows. Not sure which set of emblems I'd rather keep, though - the door or the fender emblems. What do you guys think? I dont wanna pull all the emblems, then it looks a little too plan, IMO. I'm still in between on the rollpan/bumper thing. I might go with bumper for now, because of cost (nearly free, paint and all)

Anyone have a link to the cowl/wiper arms/antenna? This truck def wont be a show truck, as I work out of it quite a bit, but It'll be a cool looking work horse :D

And unfortunately, the steps must stay till the big drop goes on, as I am a short fella, lol.

Thanks guys for all the thoughts/opinions!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Might make your decision a lot easier, but the fender emblems have holes behind them (for locating th emblem) while the door ones ar smooth behind them.

I like the plans so far should look pretty sweet when its all said and done. I love clean/custom work trucks :ford:

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Might make your decision a lot easier, but the fender emblems have holes behind them (for locating th emblem) while the door ones ar smooth behind them.

I like the plans so far should look pretty sweet when its all said and done. I love clean/custom work trucks :ford:
Did you notice it has two sets of PSD badges. LOL

It'd be a hard decision of which PSD badge to get rid of... But I like the fender one.

I think you should swap mirrors to the nice, slick, "nemo" mirrors.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i know it aint a superduty nor is it lowered but it might give you some ideas with the white/black/polished option.

Attachments

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Did you notice it has two sets of PSD badges. LOL

It'd be a hard decision of which PSD badge to get rid of... But I like the fender one.

I think you should swap mirrors to the nice, slick, "nemo" mirrors.
Redundancy is a good thing LOL

Think I need to grab a 4th cup of coffee this morning

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mOar Pics!

Guys, did a few basic things this week... Got the door badeges and bodyside mouldings removed last night, and got my tails tinted. Gave it a quick bath, and took a few pics. Whoever installed the bodyside moulding on the drivers door glued it in place :doh: , hence the line of paint missing off the door. Also wetsanded/buffed the headlights to holdover until I get some HD Headlights. Forgive the less than stellar quality of some of the shots - I was in a hurry

Here ya go! Tell me what you think!

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After that last road trip, I think Imma stick with the towing mirrors - those lower convex sections come in mighty handy sometimes. I did find a set of Nemos on craigslist recently though, with some convex stick ons... Decisions, Decision

Bobvilla, thanks for the wheel pic. Might do something similar with the Stockers - what you guys think? Black in the center, and leave the polished sections polished?

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Thats been about the best set I've done so far... I guess having a heated paintbooth at my disposal this time was a big help. You cant see the 3rd brake light/cargo light, but it looks ROUGH - I tried to tint in 50* weather, and it didnt turn out too well :mad:

Two coats of VHT Nightshades, and Two Coats of Duplicor Wheel Clear did the trick! Let it sit overnight, and it turned out great.

If anyone is interested, I might consider doing sets for others, I just have to figure out how to price it. It would be something I'd do in my spare time, so it wouldnt be a send em, and get em back in 24 hrs kinda thing.

What do you guys think?

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
looks good, not to hijack but did mine same way but did 4 coats of vht and some duplicolor clear coat for truck/ suv

1 - 20 of 28 Posts