Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05' w/ SCT from DP Tuner and Innovative,exaust, air filter, and heads studs. I am planning on doing some 180-190cc injectors from Bean and his turbo upgrade and EGR delete. What kind of power can I exspect from this w/ some good tuning? and how long before the tranny takes a dump? and are there any other things to look into, such as and intake elbow and stuff? And when the tranny takes a dump who has a proven tranny for the 6L Woods,BTS, Suncoast?

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
I have a 05' w/ SCT from DP Tuner and Innovative,exaust, air filter, and heads studs. I am planning on doing some 180-190cc injectors from Bean and his turbo upgrade and EGR delete. What kind of power can I exspect from this w/ some good tuning? and how long before the tranny takes a dump? and are there any other things to look into, such as and intake elbow and stuff? And when the tranny takes a dump who has a proven tranny for the 6L Woods,BTS, Suncoast?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Suncoast requires you to use their programming. Anything else will void their warranty. I've heard horror stories about getting a trans warrantied with even an otherwise stock truck.

BTS has a simple policy: If you break in in 2 years with reasonable maintenance, we'll fix it. Truck pulls, fine. Drag racing, fine. Other programming, fine.
If you do a large HP upgrade, he does want you to bring it back and let him re-tune it, or take it to a shop that he recommends to have the re-tune done.

I've only heard good about John Wood's transmissions.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully he will reply here, I hope that is not the set up that windowed his block :badidea: I wanna keep this truck mostly reliable but fun too. My 7.3 project got WAT outta hand on mods.

Jeremy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Last time i talked to BTS they dont have a 5r110 yet, and john woods hasnt returned any of my e-mail i sent to him about building my trans, i sent him about 6 of them in about a 6 month period, so i just stopped.
My 03 has a suncoast in it and its running fine.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think BTS has them ,I belive Bean has installed some BTS 5R's. I am hopeing to get away w/ just a pusher pump for a fuel system for now but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Last time i talked to BTS they dont have a 5r110 yet, and john woods hasnt returned any of my e-mail i sent to him about building my trans, i sent him about 6 of them in about a 6 month period, so i just stopped.
My 03 has a suncoast in it and its running fine.
Since JW built the tranny for stroked lightening I think he knows how to build them for the 6.0

I dont think John Wood even checks his emails with that email account.

The best thing to do is give him a call he is really busy but if you call ahead of time he can schedule you in within a week or 2 maybe less

Here is his # (760) 356-9421

-
Andrew

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
BTS does offer the 5Rs. Do not have one bad thing to say about them. We broke one in houston, sent it back turned out we killed a planitary gear, stuck third. But Brian had some stuff built and changed and had us a tranny in 3 days. The shifts are incredible with Elites tunes.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the stix, turbo, and stuff should be in today and hopefully Eric at Innovative gets my tunes emailed to me and I'll be headed back home and maybe hit the track this weekend or next week.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got the truck done and it runs great!! Thanks Beaner!! The BDP guys did a a heck of a job getting me in and out this week. The truck runs strong but I feel a tranny will be in my near future although the tunes from Eric seem to have helped the tranny 3rd gear shift, so maybe it will last alittle while. my over head has been right on in the past for fuel milage and hope it is right on still because I have picked up 2 MPG if it is still right I will do some more riding around and calculate by hand to see if it is still right.

Just wanted to give Bean, Cass and the rest of the BDP guys some props for the quick good work!!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just ordered a Spearco from ITP and a CFM+ intake elbow from Innovative, my EGT's can hit 1600 in about 2 seconds in the Xtreme so just gonna go ahead and do what I can to keep them down.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well prolly won't make the track before they close.........some chicken #### ####### MF'er vandalized my truck, kicked or punched or something to the electric key pad and door lock and the doors unlocked and they decided to slam and kick both driverside doors until they came all the way back around to the hinges and actually sprung the hinges and even BENT the door jam door post on BOTH doors 2K worth of damages so my truck will be at the body shop getting new doors and I said screw it may as well get a damn sweet ass paint job thrown on there while its there........it sux but I may as well do it while the insurance is gonna pay for part of the damage anyway so figured I would just get the whole thing repainted and just pay a few thousand put of my pocket to get it fixed the way I want it.

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
Well prolly won't make the track before they close.........some chicken #### ####### MF'er vandalized my truck, kicked or punched or something to the electric key pad and door lock and the doors unlocked and they decided to slam and kick both driverside doors until they came all the way back around to the hinges and actually sprung the hinges and even BENT the door jam door post on BOTH doors 2K worth of damages so my truck will be at the body shop getting new doors and I said screw it may as well get a damn sweet ass paint job thrown on there while its there........it sux but I may as well do it while the insurance is gonna pay for part of the damage anyway so figured I would just get the whole thing repainted and just pay a few thousand put of my pocket to get it fixed the way I want it.
Dayum! ####ing pricks, where did this happen? in williston or Gainesville? I don't want to park where ever you parked! Shoot me a PM if ya think you might be headed to the track wednesday, I would like to stop by and see how she runs. Maybe shoot some video.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I won't make wednesday but maybe next saturday which will be the last 1 I think. I was in Ocala at Midnite Rodeo........nothing ever good happens to me when I go there!!!!!!! I holla if I get the truck done, and head to the track, I got to figure out where the damn exaust leak is cause its BAD!!!! but I would be if I had alittle NOS it would be in the 12's easy I say low 13's on fuel.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its the V-band clamp behind the turbo, found it just not sure why it is leaking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts