Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to drag this topic through the mud yet again. But I don't want to spend any money extra, or miss a vital gauge. I only get "play" money once a year, so I have to make it count.

What I currently own: Scangauge II (if USPS will ever deliver anyways)

What I plan on buying: 4 pod Glowshift pillar mount with gauges, Stand-alone voltmeter

Gauges I want inside the pod:
Boost: 0-35 psi
Exhaust Pyro: 0-1500 F
Fuel Press: 0-100 psi
Oil Pressure
All 4 gauges are $275 before shipping, with the promo code "autumn11" applied, there is a $27.60 discount. So I'll pay $248 for 4 gauges, pod, and fuel rail adapter. Glowshift success rate seems pretty good lately. I figure if they last 1-2 yrs, I'll be happy.
The Scangauge will be used to monitor FICM Volts, ECT, EOT, and ???. I'm fairly certain I can flushmount the voltmeter into the dash somewhere...probably by the power pedal switch.

What am I missing? Help me make an informed purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really?

I see a bunch of guys advising to avoid exceeding 1200F. thought a 300F buffer would be sufficient.

·
Registered
123 Posts
EOT would be something good to keep an eye on IMO.

·
hillbilly
79 Posts
Agreed, try not to exceed 1200 sustained. During short runs(1/4 mile or stoplight run), mine easily maxes out the 1600f guage. Just letting you know I wish I had bought a higher temp rating. BTW those guages look very sweet.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, try not to exceed 1200 sustained. During short runs(1/4 mile or stoplight run), mine easily maxes out the 1600f guage. Just letting you know I wish I had bought a higher temp rating. BTW those guages look very sweet.
crap...thanks for the input. I guess accuracy of 100F vice 25-50F increments is acceptable as long as I know how high (roughly) I'm getting.

I don't hot rod her often though...hard choice because I'd like to keep the gauges in their max accuracy sweeps which is about 1/4 to 3/4 of their overall range.
Sorry...Blame it on third shift.

Next.:pointlaugh:
NP, I was/am doing a 3rd shift myself right now :postwhore2:
the scan gauge should be able to monitor volts.
it does, but for $25, the voltmeter thing is kinda neat. and it frees up a Scanguage position. I think it'll look kinda cool on the dash

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd get 0-60 psi boost can peg that 35 quick

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the trucks went into overboost at >30 psi?

I think I've seen max of about 24 psi so far since buying. How high a boost are we talking once I get my SRL Tune?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Eric from innovative actually some of fuel back and timing back but I still can hit 35 psi

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
You have the scan gauge to Monitor the necessities through the PCM (FICM, Volts, EOT, ECP, ICP) thats good

Analog gauges I would have to recommend Pyro, Fuel Pressure, Low Pressure Oil Pressure, Boost (stock ones a joke and tunes fool the PCM for heavy fueling so the reading is not usually accurate when tuned)

HPOP on these trucks usually are never a problem granted 03-04 pumps had their share of issues it still doesnt really need to be monitored, and thats what the ICP on the scangauge is for

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where would i tap into the LPOP? I've seen some guys thread a fitting into the top of the oil filter cap. was that for the LPOP? I've also seen billet caps for sale with the fitting already installed

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
tapping into the oil filter cap will only get you the EOT.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would get Isspro EV2's and stick with a 2000*EGT gauge... 40psi boost...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sorry for the derail but csipsd would a 7.3 need a 2000egt gauge aswell>>??

·
Registered
266 Posts
just put glowshifts in my truck, i dont know if it will be an issue on yours but i had to put a 45 deg fitting between my test port and fuel press guage because otherwise it was rubbing on my top rad. hose and i wasnt fond of that but other than that the gauges seem to work pretty good i went with boost 0-60 psi pyro 2400 deg fuel press and tranny temp.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts