Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i remember correctly, i read on here that doing something to the piston bowl helps relieve something. can someone explain a little more on this.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Your not talking about where they are altering them to lower compression a bit are you.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
All I will say is the reduced mahles suck to start in 30* weather so think about it on a daily driver mine has been parked more than driven the last few weeks.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I got a set of .010 decked pistons that are .020 over. Any advice for me on things I should do to them let me know. Thinking about ceramic coating. Shooting for around 500 hp.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what is the best compression ratio? what is stock? is doing this to the pistons just for high hp? just trying to learn something.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Ask golfer.

·
Plays with Motors
611 Posts
All I will say is the reduced mahles suck to start in 30* weather so think about it on a daily driver mine has been parked more than driven the last few weeks.

You have other issues, or the compression was set much lower than intended. What was the actual measured compression at build time? Measured piston protrusion?

Setting compression by using a lower compression height piston rather than bowl work will make a lazy motor.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
You have other issues, or the compression was set much lower than intended. What was the actual measured compression at build time? Measured piston protrusion?

Setting compression by using a lower compression height piston rather than bowl work will make a lazy motor.
Everything was left alone. Doesn't seems to lazy !:doh:Machinist this was thrown together to get my truck up where I was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts