Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to here from anyone that is running them and there thoughts on performance. Im running Full Force 250/100's and im starting to think i kinda over did it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Just wanted to here from anyone that is running them and there thoughts on performance. Im running Full Force 250/100's and im starting to think i kinda over did it.
Can you provide more details? Over did what too much power? As noted above you can always tune them down.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They not near as smooth as my old 160/100's and im starting to think that the bigger injectors are for play not for work/towing. Just wanted to know how people were liking the PIS injectors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Who's tunes do you run, I've drove several 250/200 trucks and the one with Gearhead tunes idlers smoother then my stock OBS. While the ones with swamps tunes was rough, smokey, and not daily driver friendly

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried both DP and PHP

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I love my 175/80's. Perfect injector for a daily driver/work truck IMO.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PSD what kinda boost numbers and egt's are you seeing with your 38R?

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
what type of gas mph do you see out of your 175/80's
Well, my tunes aren't dialed all the way in. I've got some slight smoke at cruise which I think can be cleaned up. Gonna live tune soon! Get about 14.5 empty and about 10 mpg towing around 10k lbs all at interstate speeds. I have no doubts it will be better with additional tuning.

PSD what kinda boost numbers and egt's are you seeing with your 38R?
I see around 38 psi max and EGT's stay in check nicely. Rarely over 1250 unless you really lug it.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
They not near as smooth as my old 160/100's and im starting to think that the bigger injectors are for play not for work/towing. Just wanted to know how people were liking the PIS injectors.
Charles is running 300/200's IIRC for his DD/tow application. He'll run mental circles around just about anyone on the subject of injector sizes/tuning.

If the injectors are G2G then you need to get better tuning. It has been mentioned, that the larger the injector the more hidden problems will be exposed. Issues however minor such as the HPOP, sensors, LPOP, fuel system, compression #'s, etc.. are amplified w/ larger injectors.

Do yourself a favor and read the PIS injector thread on the army. Charles and even a few others spell out that problem.

It might not be your injectors but you could have other problems that you don't know about that prevent you from being satisfied.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Powerlifter thanks for the info. I'll check out the thread on PSA.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
With 250cc's, that's more then you'll ever need to tow. I run a 250/100 B code, but I have two Turbo's, two intercoolers, two oil pumps, etc....and I still have more fuel then I'll ever need.

IMO, the 160's would be a better combination.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats why i was thinking PIS 175/80 A codes. Joey is it something in my tuning or just to big of an injector?

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Thats why i was thinking PIS 175/80 A codes. Joey is it something in my tuning or just to big of an injector?
I think you'd be happier with the 175's. I wouldn't step all the way down to 160's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
175/80 are still a healthy stg2 inj. I made 445hp and 864 lbs with mine last month. Although they tow great I wouldn't want any bigger for heavy towing.
I noticed a incress in egts towing and cruise going from a 160/146 to these 175/80. It's manageable but deffinately hotter.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Swaan, where were you tuned and Dynoed?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got tunes for my setup from Matt at gearhead and tony wildman wrote a set for my setup also. I made that power at mopac auto supply's dyno here in langley bc. I got a zf5 speed also so no converter slipping or trans shifting goin on. Should be very accurate. I dynoed with Tonys extream tune. Did two pulls both came up very close to one another. I'm running a s366 with a diesel site ww2 billet compressor wheel upgrade, and a srp1.1. 42-45 psi boost a wot. Charger cleans up the injectors to a slight haze.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinking more like 500 in an extreme tune with those sticks?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts