Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about deleting the pilot injection on the 6.4s with a Spartan?? I was reading the post on the powerstroke.org forum and a guy was talking about that he did the pilot injection delete and made his 6.4 loud like a old 7.3 which I think is badass!! The guy was saying that it ran better and the fuel milage went up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....

Heres a link to a video of a pilot injection delete.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

·
Registered
756 Posts
I don't know whether or not you can do it with Spartan software, but it is possible. Matt from Gearhead did it. Here's a video, I'm not sure if you posted the same one but your link doesn't work.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Pre pilot injection is usually to kill sound chatter while post is to help with emissions. And yes, Matt had his turned off in a couple videos, but I am not sure if he will be releasing his tunes like that or not

·
Registered
649 Posts
Besides the obvious noise difference, and on the 6.4, an emissions gain, what would the benefits of turning this off on the 6.4 be? Any negatives?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
First time I've ever heard you 6.4 guys wanting your nice quiet smooth running trucks to be loud and clattery like our 7.3's are. Want to trade trucks, loud injectors and all??

·
C10H20
342 Posts
First time I've ever heard you 6.4 guys wanting your nice quiet smooth running trucks to be loud and clattery like our 7.3's are. Want to trade trucks, loud injectors and all??
I like how my 6.4 is, not too loud but also not too quiet, Living in a small town, a lot of the fast food places have a sign at the speaker that say "all diesels please turn off engines prior to placing orders" There are a ton of 7.3's and dodges here. So a few weeks ago i'm in the work truck an 01 F350 There is a lady ordering in front of me at Wendy's and she had to shout her order twice, then she turns and waves at me to roll down the window, "she yells sir can you turn off the truck the lady cannot hear me" turn it off then she finally completes her order. I honestly laughed a little.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Just put a single turbo on it... It's retarded loud then.. I have a 5" with a muffler.. and its louder then my buddys 5.9 with a 5"....
We are talking injector rattle not exhaust tone

·
Registered
252 Posts
sometimes on the spartan 350 you can blip the throttle a few times and it will settle into a pretty loud idle lol

·
International Diesel Tech
199 Posts
This is actually what the 08 to 10 International 6.4's sound like. You actualy have to open the hood to see if it has a 6.0 in it or not. The got the single turbo like the 6.0 too. But usually when you pull a 6.0 in the shop it has a miss and the 6.4's ran smooth lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts