Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at finally... getting gauges on my 1999 and wondering if there are differences between difference brand pods, like gauge offset, spacing, ease of install etc. on 3 and 4 gauge pods

Thanks Travis

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
The ones from glowsh!t are garbage. The autometer ones are great. And i believe isspro uses the same ones as autometer

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information! I'm not going go with Glow, thought about Edge Insight, but I'm thinking at the rate my truck get broken into... it wouldn't be around to long :frown: I'm thinking regular gauges are less prone to being stolen... but attract attention

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
You got an anti-theft system? You have a problem with break-ins im suspecting?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got an anti-theft system? You have a problem with break-ins im suspecting?
I have a disabled one that I need to replace or get replaced, but they have broken in it with and without one. :( I don't take it into San Antonio unless I have to... I've been broken into about 6 times in 10 years

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
I have a disabled one that I need to replace or get replaced, but they have broken in it with and without one. :( I don't take it into San Antonio unless I have to... I've been broken into about 6 times in 10 years
Have you heard of Ravelco anti theft? I've only heard good things from them. If you gotta go to places like that often anyways....might be a good investment.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it sounds line good anti-theft method. Mine have all been smash and grab mostly door handles (with "jimmi-jammer") they just bust out whole thing, Next is the glass :(
I'm going to get the alarm fixed and I've decided to go with a 4 gauge overhead since I think it will be less visible and draw less attention and works better for an old guy with progressive lenses

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will second the comment that Glow shift pods are garbage.

I bought their 3 in 1 60mm diesel gauge. I am quite happy with the gauge itself.

When ordering the gauge I also ordered the 60mm pod.

First they shipped me the gauge and 52mm pod.

I asked them to ship me the right one and sent them pictures of the receipt and pod together.

Nope, had to ship the old one back first. Ok fine.

Get the replacement 60mm pod 1.5 weeks later and the fit is garbage.

I had to trim and file to make it look half way descent.

Their own pod does not work without modifications with their own gauge + visor on the gauge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've honestly never had a problem with my Glowshift gauges. I got there generic 3 pillar setup with trans, pyro and boost that are analog as well as digital. A few of my friend have had the same set up for a few years now and never once has had a problem. The only complaint I have about mine is that I wish I would have got a 35psi gauge instead a 60psi gauge cuz then I would see the needle move dramatically. They went in and work without a hitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts