Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna share pictures after they did their swap. I have all on order everything from dual shocks to stabilizers! Pumped. Trying to debate 18's or 20's with a 33 tire roughly. I dont want to hurt the MPG's to much though with a bigger tire. I mainly want for highyway and it will see snowy roads but im not worried about it. I plan on either:

Nitto Terra Grappler
Kelly TSR safari (little more agressive than planned but good tires)
Or the LXR or whatever michelins or a set of coopers

What do you all run and show me a setup please! See some with 18's or 20's with similar tire. Im thining 285/55-20 or maybe bumping up to the 305/55-20's which is a 33x12.3 about. I know its gonna fit fit but I thinkt he 285's will be better setup an a tad cheaper.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, I believe I have some. Need to look around, find them and upload them. If you do a search on this mod, there are a few others who've posted pics ("White Buffalo" is one that comes to mind). I'll try to get you those links too if you don't have them. I will tell you, however, that I did an X-code and modified B-code spring swap with the 2" shackle (etc.) from Cary. After doing this mod, I would suggest the X-code rather than the V-code, While I have not ridden in a V-code modded X, I will tell you that the wifey likes the X-code suspension mod. Anyway, I currently I have 18's and 33's. In a few weeks or so I will be going to 20's and 35's.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Here are my before and after pics.........

after V & B codes, F-350 rear blocks, rims & 305's

This is one of Cary's (CT Performance - CT Performance webpage) Excursions.....

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Yeah, I believe I have some. Need to look around, find them and upload them. If you do a search on this mod, there are a few others who've posted pics ("White Buffalo" is one that comes to mind). I'll try to get you those links too if you don't have them. I will tell you, however, that I did an X-code and modified B-code spring swap with the 2" shackle (etc.) from Cary. After doing this mod, I would suggest the X-code rather than the V-code, While I have not ridden in a V-code modded X, I will tell you that the wifey likes the X-code suspension mod. Anyway, I currently I have 18's and 33's. In a few weeks or so I will be going to 20's and 35's.
Would love to see some pics of your Ex after the upgrades.....sorry to be such a ghost lately.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Would love to see some pics of your Ex after the upgrades.....sorry to be such a ghost lately.
Hey Rich!!! Long time no post! LoL!! Hope all is well w/ you!

I think I posted before/after pics of my Ex in your build thread. Anyway, here they are again:

Just remember, the after photo is with the X-code front springs and 2" shackles from Cary. As pictured, both the before and after, are with 18's and 33" Mickey's. According to Cary, my front height (as measured) can accommodate 35's. In a few weeks or so I will be going to 20's (in black) and 35" Toyo's ... and we shall see!

Before:

After:

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Now I remember the photos! Everything is good here, winter has finally set in this morning at -2 degrees......

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Looks very good - nicely done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would look nicer if it were black.... LOL
Last suv (yukon) was black. Turns out I like the "look" of a black truck, but absolutely nothing else about it. Like riding around in a convection oven dirt magnet that I had to polish all the time.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just got on this forum, learning alot . what is this spring swap and where do u get them ? i always thought my springs seemed messed up. sorry if this is stupid question

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CT Performance... Cary is all you need to call.

Just finally took mine on a 9 hour trip to Maine to snowmobile. Had open deck smaller type 4 place trailer and 4 sleds so maybe 3500lbs or so total it isn't much but was great.

However I 100% need to install a rear sway bar cause mine has nothing from factory and the wind/sway from trailer is what made things a handfull. Still not bad though. That big fuel tank is a real nice thing! Drove whole way on one tank!

·
Registered
15 Posts
CT Performance... Cary is all you need to call.

Just finally took mine on a 9 hour trip to Maine to snowmobile. Had open deck smaller type 4 place trailer and 4 sleds so maybe 3500lbs or so total it isn't much but was great.

However I 100% need to install a rear sway bar cause mine has nothing from factory and the wind/sway from trailer is what made things a handfull. Still not bad though. That big fuel tank is a real nice thing! Drove whole way on one tank!
thanks man , i was in maine last weekend watching my buddies ice race. was sick

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Some good looking Excursions! glad I could help you guys out!

Damien, If I can help you get your Excursion handling or performance mods done please PM me.

Cary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at doing this mod in summer.
Why does she like it, ride or ride height?
Why do some guys install dual shocks up front? looks or function?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looking at doing this mod in summer.
Why does she like it, ride or ride height?
Why do some guys install dual shocks up front? looks or function?
While I cannot speak for everyone's wives, my wifey likes the X-code suspension because of the ride. That's not to say that she wouldn't also like the V-code, but I'm not going through that swap just to find out. The reason I offered that bit about her was because some have said the X-code is a bit too firm and the V-code offers a less harsh ride. My wife is someone who is not a big fan of harsh rides (in the X that is ... ahem). She thought the X-code swap was not going to be good for X, but she was pleasantly surprised and likes the ride and the extra lift it provided (so I can fit 35's).

I, like you, haven't installed the dual shocks up front yet, still debating the cost/benefit. I am, however, going to install the dual stabilizers b/c I am going with 35's and want to keep those bad boys under control.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all,

Changing up my wheel tire combo. Buddy is going to trade his truck in and has to go back to stock! So Im stealing his 20x10 Chrome Monster XD wheels and tires I am going to sell, but put a good set on for the excursion. So I am trading him my stock 2008 20's.

2" wheel spacers I have need to go to help fund for new tires so if any excursion guys want them here ya go. Top notch no joke spacers. Not garbage like rough country sells or whatnot. SOLID STEEL 2" spacers with lugs to mount them and you your normal lug nuts to mount wheels. perfect for excusion weight and for towing. Hub and Wheel centric can't get any more solid. I had no issues on the 1000 miles I went so far.

PM if interested

1 - 20 of 53 Posts