Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 6.4 now for about 3 months. Finally got around to taking some pics after I did the S&B, Seans 4" Downpipe and cat delete, MBRP 5" , 15" flopro 6" tip and Dash Daq with the big tunes. Also did prior to this side steps, Terra Grapplers and billet vent inserts so far.

I am amazed that the truck is almost as fast as my old duramax and weighing about 700LBS more with just some bolt ons. Cost tons more to do this with my old truck. I will not get much into the truck itself except saying that I am happy with my purchase.

Dash Daq is a nice piece of work. Have not figured out how to customize what my gauges are actually displaying but cycling through the different preset configurations I was able to monitor EGT and back pressure. I never saw the EGTS go over 1300 on 275 tune and the back pressure stayed under 70 under different loads. Seems fairly safe at these levels compared to what I have read. All though I dont think the truck is reading EGTS preturbo correct? I have not learned the tranny yet to the tunes but will this weekend.

The exhaust looks good all though very quiet. Both this and my old truck were straight piped and this one sounds how my DMAX did with a muffler with the addition of a super charged hairdryer. In cab is nice just wish it opened up more AT WOT

Intake looks sharp and did finally give the truck some turbo whistle. Not much but some. I truly miss that..... sniff sniff :(

Everything went on with out a hitch and no issues to speak of so far. Thanks Sean for answering literally maybe 30-40 PMS on trying to figure out my purchase and for a great deal with killer service.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
That is the redesigned Bak Flip. Great cover the 1st one they made was a piece of chit. It was on the DMAX. This next one they worked out all the kinks and it is nice. Also put a power tailgate lock that works with the alarm system door locks at that time

BakFlip Tonneau Cover - BAKFlip Tonneau Covers
That's cool about the tailgate lock never heard of that.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
on your dash daq when you are looking at the gadges, if you just touch the one on the screen you want to change it will come to a screen were you can pic what you want to do with it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool about the tailgate lock never heard of that.
I run around with a bunch of expensive electronics all the time. So I use the bed daily and need to have it locked. It does so and is very convenient instead of using keys all the time.

on your dash daq when you are looking at the gadges, if you just touch the one on the screen you want to change it will come to a screen were you can pic what you want to do with it
Thanks just found the manual and found that out. Assigned Preturbo EGT, Boost and absolute back pressure with all the proper warnings on the big three gauge screen. LOVE IT!

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
I run around with a bunch of expensive electronics all the time. So I use the bed daily and need to have it locked. It does so and is very convenient instead of using keys all the time.

Thanks just found the manual and found that out. Assigned Preturbo EGT, Boost and absolute back pressure with all the proper warnings on the big three gauge screen. LOVE IT!
I like the ford day theme cause it has the big 3 but also has 3 more small spots for numbers.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
yup! keep em polished, and some amp steps too to clean up the bottom! i like that center console too! i have the same!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:whs: Looks good but needs some rims next!
Yea I would like to go that route eventually. I am okay with these for now. Next as for exterior is leveling kit, airbags and blacked out side view turns.

yup! keep em polished, and some amp steps too to clean up the bottom! i like that center console too! i have the same!
I love, repeat love having wheel to wheel bars for bed access. Amp research cool but they don't do wheel to wheel and would cost me my second born child.

I thought I was getting these like on my old DMAX that are closer to the cab. I don't know why my Ford ones have so much more space between it and the cab. (Sorry for the Chey pic here LOL)

[/IMG]

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i figured you put those on...didnt see it that way since the loads that get put in my truck are with a grad-all.
maybe having them powdercoated black?
what size are those wheels, 18's...maybe try going up to the stock 20's, those look pretty nice and i regret selling mine now

good lookin truck otherwise!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i figured you put those on...didnt see it that way since the loads that get put in my truck are with a grad-all.
maybe having them powdercoated black?
what size are those wheels, 18's...maybe try going up to the stock 20's, those look pretty nice and i regret selling mine now

good lookin truck otherwise!!!
Did not see this post. Wheels are factory Ford 18" that come on 2010 trucks. The guy that owned the truck before me must of had some nice wheels and tires and traded them over to his 2010 truck and left me with these. I like the look of the Ford 20" very much. As much as I drive I don't want to spend the money on ties. 18" tires are much less than 20" So if I upgrade at some point it will be to a 18" aftermarket.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
good looking truck man

1 - 20 of 21 Posts