Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used Glock 22 .40 cal this weekend. I am trying to find a way to clean it up and restore some of the finish. there are some scratches on the slide that i'd like to fix. Does anyone know how I can do this? Do I need to have the slide re-powder coated or anodized to fix this?

·
Peon
727 Posts
It's a Glock and those are just character marks--shoot the piss out of it and don't worry about irrelevant surface abrasions.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Glock and those are just character marks--shoot the piss out of it and don't worry about irrelevant surface abrasions.
I'm not worried about it....but I like some of my things (my guns and truck in particular) to work properly AND look nice. so I do plan on shooting the piss out of it, but that doesn't exactly answer my question......

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
Stroke of Luck.....I am not much on the "Gunsmithing" end of things, but I will ask my brother tomorrow....he is like a gun "Guru". Nevertheless, I picked up a (New) IWI Desert Eagle last weekend in .45 ACP....would like to move the unit to get into a 1911...let me know if you have any interest. That was one of three that I picked up. Got a (New) FNH Patrol Rifle .308 (Sniper), the IWI .45, and a new Springfield XD 45.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I've done some more digging and have found some re-blueing compounds that really seem to do the trick. anyone here cold or hot blue'd their own gun or should I just take it to a gun shop and have them do it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'll ask my buddies dad for ya. I was just holding that exact gun maybe an hour ago. But it looked mint.

According to him, they are a pretty fast shooting gun.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Dave. From what I remember the real Desert Eagle only came in 357 mag, 41 mag, 44 mag, 440 Cor-Bon, & 50AE. Chambering it in 45acp would be like sticking a 302 small block into a crew cab dually.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm not worried about it....but I like some of my things (my guns and truck in particular) to work properly AND look nice. so I do plan on shooting the piss out of it, but that doesn't exactly answer my question......
no matter how much ya polish a turd it's still a turd....LOLLOLLOL

Just shot it....it's a glock....and not meant to be pretty....

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Dave. From what I remember the real Desert Eagle only came in 357 mag, 41 mag, 44 mag, 440 Cor-Bon, & 50AE. Chambering it in 45acp would be like sticking a 302 small block into a crew cab dually.
yea its an IWI Baby Eagle.......don't know much about it.....just picked the units up at an auction....that would be the only one I would be interested in moving...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts