Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some know I got my php tuner for performance and for the whisper tune to keep from having to cut the truck off at the drive thru. Actually the going thru the driveins was the main thing believe it or not.

Well the one fast food place that was the worst about is the local dairy queen and one particular pain the arse girl that works there especially.

Well guess who was working the drive thru tonight. I pulled up to the speaker and flipped the chip over to the whisper setting and it goes super quiet. Well miss bitcher still ask me to turn the truck off. I went off big time and told her Id just order when I got to the window. I spun tires from there to the window and got stopped just in time. Daughters sitting beside me saying calm down calm down. Calm down hell.

I went off on her highness of the drive thru as soon as she opened the window.

"You mean to tell me after I spent $400 on a tuner for my truck JUST BECAUSE OF YOU your going to tell me you still couldnt hear me ????"

Her eyes go so big you could of stuffed a silver dollar in them. She kind of stammered at first.

"Im dead serious, I spent $400 just to keep from listening to you fuss about not being able to hear me. $400 !"

Shes then says "You really spent all that just for me?"

Then I said, "Damn skippy I did ! $400 just so you could hear me."

Then I showed her normal and quiet settings.

She apologized a bunch then took our order. Which I might add had a healthy over the normal amount in it :D

She was actually pleasant for a damn change.

Normally Im very mild mannered and it takes a lot to set me off but this lady had been ticking me off for some time and this just kinda set me off.

Childish but minorly rewarding in a childish sort of way :D

Daughter cant stand the girl/lady either so its not just me...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Funny as that is I hope you spent the #400 for more reasons that some fast food order taker didn't like how loud your truck was. :poke: Sorry couldn't resist. How much woudl say the whisper tune quiets down your truck; from stock and from the other tunes? What other tunes did you get? I here the off idle throttle response is huge.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Actually I have ended up having to cut my X off at a number of drive thrus. Some seem worse than others. Its has to do with how the buildings and walls reflect the sound. Some seem so much louder and others no so much. It worse in the cold now especially if its not completely warmed up.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny as that is I hope you spent the #400 for more reasons that some fast food order taker didn't like how loud your truck was. :poke: Sorry couldn't resist. How much woudl say the whisper tune quiets down your truck; from stock and from the other tunes? What other tunes did you get? I here the off idle throttle response is huge.
I said I told her that, didnt mean I paid that :D

It woke the old truck up big time. It will light the tires anytime I want now and burns em in 1st, 2nd with 3rd depending on the the road conditions.

Very happy with it. I use 80DD most of the time with the whisper tunes being the only other one I switch to. The whisper mode makes it sound like a well tuned gasser. Its very snappy on the throttle now.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I know but I just had to... You go me LMFAO picturing all of that and the look on your little girls face. My kids do the same thing but its usually after someone driving does something real stupid and they see a red light is in the near future. :evil
'
Anyways that was great. The kids are asking why I go this cheezy grin while I typing here.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know but I just had to... You go me LMFAO picturing all of that and the look on your little girls face. My kids do the same thing but its usually after someone driving does something real stupid and they see a red light is in the near future. :evil
'
Anyways that was great. The kids are asking why I go this cheezy grin while I typing here.

LOL

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:hehe:

but how much of a wisper is in the tune. i have been looking at somthing like that but not shure yet?
Its really that quiet. I'll try to make a sound clip of it sometime and post it. Makes the truck sound just like a gas motor idling.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
has anyone done any testing though to see how safe it is to drive around or romp on it in the whisper mode?or let it idle for long periods of time in that setting?Just wondering because I was thinking of getting it on my chip instead of the anti theft.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can with the whisper mode from php. Its super quiet idling but stockish off idle.

But remember each tuners going to be a little different on tunes. Just because the php tunes work this way doesnt mean other tuners did theirs the same way.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
My tow tune is quiet but I still turn it off. I did roll it up into the super haul ass tune the other day after I got cut off pulling up to the drive thru lane and pulled right up on the car infront of me's bumper he had to yell to order.

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
My tow tune is quiet but I still turn it off. I did roll it up into the super haul ass tune the other day after I got cut off pulling up to the drive thru lane and pulled right up on the car infront of mes bumper he had to yell to order.
LOLLOL

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
My tow tune is quiet but I still turn it off. I did roll it up into the super haul ass tune the other day after I got cut off pulling up to the drive thru lane and pulled right up on the car infront of me's bumper he had to yell to order.
That's what High Idle is for.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I have the whisper as well. It is very quiet, but I believe it is not intended to be used for long idling. I think it is good for a drive thru, but not to idle for extended periods. I wanted it for just idling through a camp ground at 2 am and a drive thru. Speak with Bill about the long idling, the impression that I got was that the intended use was for drive thu type setting and not extended idling.

·
Snowboard season cometh..
277 Posts
Funny thing... I bought my truck when I lived in CO and most of the time, there was no need to shut off the truck at the drive-thru. I moved back to Maryland 8 months ago and now EVERY FRIGGIN' TIME they ask me to shut it off, and half the time are snotty about it.

I move back to CO in ~3 weeks... too bad I don't eat fast food any more!!!

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Funny thing... I bought my truck when I lived in CO and most of the time, there was no need to shut off the truck at the drive-thru. I moved back to Maryland 8 months ago and now EVERY FRIGGIN' TIME they ask me to shut it off, and half the time are snotty about it.

I move back to CO in ~3 weeks... too bad I don't eat fast food any more!!!
I dont eat alot of fast food but damn them sonic route 44s last almost an enire shift.

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
but I believe it is not intended to be used for long idling.
Because of the way a lot of trucks smoke with the whisper tune, I would be afraid of it washing the cylinders down with unburned fuel if left there for long.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.