Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with Cory from PHP this morning and I have a question for you guys that are running their rollback. I live in Virginia where we have the full spectrum of weather. Hot summers and cold winters with temps dipping below freezing sometimes. My question is do I need to go with a heat inductive strategy. I'm not having problems with cold starts now and actually the truck seems to start better when I don't plug it up. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
I run the PHP FICM tuning having good results with the weather differences. The cold weather starts seem a bit rough but they settle down easily within 1-2 minutes at most. I can't speak of their PCM rollback tuning since I have the original factory strategy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I talked with Cory from PHP this morning and I have a question for you guys that are running their rollback. I live in Virginia where we have the full spectrum of weather. Hot summers and cold winters with temps dipping below freezing sometimes. My question is do I need to go with a heat inductive strategy. I'm not having problems with cold starts now and actually the truck seems to start better when I don't plug it up. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks
simple way would be see what stategy your ficm has now, if you have inductive heating now, you will probably need it.

what's your current strategy? (pcm ?)

btw i have the orignal with non inductive heating, but my injectors are also in tip top shape and i change my oil before the recommend intervals.

·
Military Member
309 Posts
I run their roll back and while we don't get too far below freezing I have never had a problem and I don't run any inductive heating.

·
Military Member
309 Posts

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
Is that the one with better power and fuel milage?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So does the stratagy i have now VXCF9N4/TQCI1NA have the inductive heating or not this may make my decision a little easier. If I dont already have it I don't really see where I would need it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i have been looking into the same thing with doing the roll back.. im needing to know if im going to see any defference from what i have which is VXBC9F2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts