Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they have been out for a while now but... Im ALL GRINS!!! what a improvement over the TS tunes. Really boogies. :pullover:

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
It's a nice chip, Not having to send in your chip for reburns is a huge plus. No down time waiting on it, and you can run more than one tuners files on it at any given time.

Dan

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
the switch is fugly and mounts with cheesy velcro.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it. Its a step up from that antique 6 position analog chip.

·
Registered
245 Posts
still loving my hydra

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ive had mine for about a month now and it was a huge improvement on the obs!!

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Whats needed to reburn the tunes on the hydra? Im getting a chip soon and deciedeing from the ts6 position or the hydra. I really dont need more then 6 different tunes (if I use all of them b) but i like the idea of being able to burn custom tunes as you mod and mod.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Whats needed to reburn the tunes on the hydra? Im getting a chip soon and deciedeing from the ts6 position or the hydra. I really dont need more then 6 different tunes (if I use all of them b) but i like the idea of being able to burn custom tunes as you mod and mod.
Your PC. Running windows and the downloaded from the internet hydra flash software.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Awwe not bad. do you need a burner or lap top?
As long as you order the cable so you can change tunes without removing it from the truck, all you need is a printer cable to reach from you computer to the cord that gets left in the chip. Which is a printer cable. So if you have a desktop and you don't want to buy a laptop? But a 100ft printer cable and run it from your computer to the garage. That's it. Just a cable. No burner, laptop optional within reason. Laptop does make thing easier with shorter cables though. If you get one I'll gladly come show you how to program and use it.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't see any downside other than the switch is something too get use too but it's no big deal. It's really nice loading your own tunes and if you change your mind no big deal just change them:evil

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
How much are the php hydras? I looked on their site but couldn't find it
375 I believe. Price changed and website needs to be updated. Order from php via the "ordering tab" or from dieselsite. Same price both places.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts