Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Hydra that I purchased through Alligator Performance.

My truck is an '01 F250 4x4 PSD auto with ~190k miles, Cold Air Intake, Garrett turbo and 4" exhaust, pillar gauges (EGTs, Boost & Tranny Temp) and will soon have a 4” lift running 35x12.5/20s. Otherwise it is all stock.

I have loaded up seven of the canned tunes but have yet to install the chip as I am waiting for an extension cable to be shipped from PHP directly as Alligator did not have it in stock.

The truck also currently has an Edge Attitude/Juice combo that I don't think is working to modify the programing, but the gauge readings (EGT, boost etc.) do work

Can I leave the Edge Attitude/Juice installed and leave it set on stock and install the Hydra, using only the Hydra for the PCM modifications? Will the Edge/Juice try to decel if the EGTs get too high?

I would like to use the Edge for the engine monitoring functions and perhaps in the future change the Attitude over to the new Attitude CTS, though the CTS is kind of pricey at over $450

Or should I just yank out the Edge/Juice combo?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
if you already have pillar gauges then why would you keep it on there? at least if you take it off you could sell it, won't bring much but better than bein on the engine doin nothin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
EricU did you ever find the answer or did you end up using the Edge/Juice for Guages with your Hydra? I'm in the exact same boat looking at my new Hydra and wondering if I can leave the Edge/Juice installed and use for gauges when I install my Hydra.
Thanks.

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up just removing the entire Edge equipment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts