Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the dyno has arrived and the shop is taking shape, it's time to plan our first DYNO DAY!

The PHP shop is in Winder, GA and is about 10 miles south of I-85 off Exit 126.

What we've decided thus far:

We won't be charging for dyno runs. In our opinion, that would be like inviting you to our home for dinner and charging you for your meal. If you'd like to get your truck on the dyno, we would appreciate it if you would let us know so that we can begin scheduling dyno runs.

Lunch and drinks (the non-alcoholic kind!) will be available at no cost (see above
) and will be family friendly (our sons will be there, too).

Please vote in the poll and let us know which weekend would be best: October 9, 16, or 23. We appreciate your feedback!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to let everyone know that we've http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_dyno_day.html. If you're planning on coming and would like to sign up to get your truck dynoed, be sure to fill out the RSVP, as spots will be filled on a first contact/first scheduled basis!

If you're stopping by to hang out for awhile, please RSVP let us know how many people you're bringing, as we need to figure out how much food to buy so that everyone gets fed.
(We understand that plans change, and we won't hold you to it.
)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We dynoed between 15 and 20 trucks (in addition to an Escape and racing lawnmower -- yes, I have the video!). I'd say that by the time the day was done (there were still people popping in when I left the shop about 7:30), we had between 40 and 50 people stop by. We had an amazing time, and if it weren't so much work, we'd love to do it every month. (Bill gave me one of these:
when I mentioned it.
) We're planning on having another Dyno Day in the spring and one in October next year -- still free, of course.

The food drive and raffle to benefit St. Jude were also a success (despite Paypal's crap), so we'll probably do that again, too. It's a wonderful way to give back to the community!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for a GREAT time today!
Thank you for coming! I had such a great time talking with you; hope you can come out for the next one in the spring.

Oh -- and you won a gift certificate from Big Bad Diesel; I'll e-mail you about it and get it in the mail on Monday. :D

·
^^ Not Cobbs
839 Posts
Glad it went great for you guys Corey...... I think ya'll need to make the trip to indiana in August

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We actually had someone drive DOWN from Indiana yesterday. (He received the $100 AMEX card for traveling the farthest. :D)

We'll see how next year goes... Indiana isn't that far for us to travel. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts