Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking at getting a phat shaft 62/70 or 80. I was hoping you guys could give me any and all input on this turbo i dont really know a whole lot about it. What turbo is it based off of? Like ATS's aurora 3000 is an s300 modded. Or is it an in house turbo? Can they be rebuilt? Journal or ball bearing? How many psi? CFM?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The 62/70 and 62/80 are S300 turbo's also.

I'd go with the 62/70, it's journal, 38psi is normally what we see, and it's good for about 500rwhp with injectors. The 62/80 has slightly more lag and I've made 20rwhp more with it. The 62/70 is better for towing.

We step up to the Silver 64 after that. We usually make 570-580rwhp with 190-225cc injectors. It has lag, I don't recommend heavy towing, and it's a decent daily driver.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.... ya I think id go with the 70. Eventually I wanna use it in a twin setup do you know what a good turbo is on top of it?

·
HNIC
280 Posts
well im going with a s474 from II im sure idk about the 75... i know that industrial has the 71 and 74 but not sure about what others

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok.... are you doing it yourself? Custom? Or whos doin it? What size injectors do you have?

·
HNIC
280 Posts
Im going to be doin it myself most likely helped by my BUDS in stressfull times if you catch my drift lol. And plannin on 225s

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha Yes i understand thats about how ive built mine lol. Thats cool man im interested to see how it works out for you!

·
HNIC
280 Posts
yeah i hope it turns out well ha itll prolly be december before it all falls together but i am ready:rockon:

that is IF everything goes to plan lol

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thanks for the info... idk if ive got enough fuel then for that... it wouldnt hardly spool til 60 lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
explains the price lol. tyler wtf you should have came with shawn you could have seen me ruin my tranny lol. did he tell you about red lobster yet lol.
Yah yah, I've been hearing that a lot that I should have come down.....:doh:

But no, I haven't heard about red lobster but I will have to do some digging and find out...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts