Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a pretty good little oil leak, not sure what it is, sometimes it is worse than others. I recently gutted and plugged the pedestal as the epbv rod actuator hole was leaking, looks dry all around the pedestal. Sometimes I will have a golf ball width puddle overnight, sometimes it'll be basketball width sitting overnight. I know this could be a number of things, just lookin for ideas on where to look next. Looks to be coming from the top of the engine. Also, when I clean the engine it takes a few days before I really see the puddle on the ground. Most of the oil is concentrated on the oil pan and the front of the transmission. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
225 Posts
HPOP seals or hoses are a good bet. There is also a seal between the HPOP and engine that could be leaking. I just removed all fittings I could get at with the pump on and replaced the o-rings and added a little teflon sealer to it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would say O-rings too... I had an o-ring move on me when I put the pedistal back on and it leaked on me.

Just get some new o-rings and take the pedistal back off and replace the o-rings...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure I didn't knock the pedestal o-rings, i was pretty careful there. i am thinking HPOP o-rings/lines. gonna hopefully get a chance to check everything out closer in a few days

·
Registered
463 Posts
If the leak occurred after gutting the peristaltic then I would assume that is where your problem is. I was careful too but I messed up the o-ring. Jmo

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i had a worse leak beforehand and i know for a fact the ebpv actuator hole was leaking, because i could see the oil coming out of it. but i am thinking that this other leak was still there before and now that the pedestal is plugged up, that leak is eliminated and this other leak is apparent, but i have been busy as chit and haven't had anymore time to check it out yet :doh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
The oil rail plugs in the back of the heads leaked on mine on both sides. The passenger side ran down the block onto the starter and onto the ground. The plugs are hard to see but they are about 1.25 inches wide. The passenger side one is just under the downpipe where it goes behind the head. Might be worth a check

·
Strokin'
113 Posts
Well I have a pretty good little oil leak, not sure what it is, sometimes it is worse than others. I recently gutted and plugged the pedestal as the epbv rod actuator hole was leaking, looks dry all around the pedestal. Sometimes I will have a golf ball width puddle overnight, sometimes it'll be basketball width sitting overnight. I know this could be a number of things, just lookin for ideas on where to look next. Looks to be coming from the top of the engine. Also, when I clean the engine it takes a few days before I really see the puddle on the ground. Most of the oil is concentrated on the oil pan and the front of the transmission. Thanks for the help
Dipstick? just a thought. i believe there is an o-ring where it goes into the pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts