Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bout my 2011 f350 lariat and i was wondering what performance mods i should do. ive had race cars and race trucks before and im not looking for something rediculous, i drive this daily but i do want more power and a better sound. any suggestions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
cold air intake and u can also do a dpf delete and a full exhaust and a programer but your going to void your warranty if u delete your dpf and put the programmer on.

so it all comes down to if you care about keeping your warranty

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
You can keep the dpf on and run kem green tunes

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can keep the dpf on and run kem green tunes
But he wants sound as well. If you want sound, you are going to have to do a DPF delete with a tuner (H&S, Spartan etc). Just make sure you read enough about the positives and negatives of deleting first.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wait so are you guys saying if you run KEM Green tunes it won't void your warranty ?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nope, saying running KEM tunes you can leave the DPF on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nope, saying running KEM tunes you can leave the DPF on.
Yes I understand that his green tunes mean they are dpf on tunes but I was under the assumption that if you alter the computer programing at all ford will know and deny warranty repairs ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes I understand that his green tunes mean they are dpf on tunes but I was under the assumption that if you alter the computer programing at all ford will know and deny warranty repairs ?
It's all about how hard they want to look, if you do anything aftermarket to your truck they can void your warranty if they wish. Thats where the whole gotta pay to play thing comes up. There are certain dealerships that are mod friendly though which is good to keep an eye out for. I had my transmission rebuilt twice, and headgaskets done under warranty on my 6.4 with the dpf still removed from the truck

·
Registered
461 Posts
The dealer also has to prove that a problem with your truck is related to the tuner. If you have a windshield washer motor go out, it was obviously not the tuner. With that being said, a dealer can refuse service on your truck if they are pricks (and they are out there). There are a lot of things to weigh when considering a tuner. Overall, you do what is best for you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
cold air intake and u can also do a dpf delete and a full exhaust and a programer but your going to void your warranty if u delete your dpf and put the programmer on.

so it all comes down to if you care about keeping your warranty
can you put a cold air intake on without a programmer and not get a check engine light?

·
Registered
461 Posts
can you put a cold air intake on without a programmer and not get a check engine light?
Yes. I have seen quite a few AFE intake threads where there are CEL's and not a single CEL with the S&B system.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you get the correct afe intake on you will not have a cel. I put one on a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems. Some of the early models of afe had problems.

·
Registered
461 Posts
There was someone that just bought an AFE and got a CEL recently. AFE sent him the new tube and still had a CEL. After reading several threads, seeing the S&B price and good reviews, it was an easy choice for me to make.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i have the S&B and ive had no problems and i love it

great system for the price and cant beat how easy it was to install

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've had the AFE stage 2 with the Prodry filter since October of 2010 and 16,000 miles with no problems or check engine lights.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The dealer (& ford) would have to prove that the modifications made to the truck caused the problem.
. With that being said I would always return it to stock when taking it in...

If you need anything for your truck, pm me... we have a 6.7 w/ KEM tunes as one of the shop trucks and it is a blast

1 - 16 of 16 Posts