Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably comes up a lot, but is there anything new on the market for rebuilds on injectors???

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Have you ever rebuilt a psd injector? Do you have a flow bench to run the injectors on?

Not trying to be an a$$ but these injectors, 6.0s injectors more importantly should only be rebuilt by people that know these injectors well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have access to a bench, I work in a dealer I understand very well how percise they are but I am wanting to learn how to rebuild them correctly for performance

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
If you can find a psd injector builder that is willing to share their secrets in building a performance 6.0 injector........

But to answer your question there arent any DIY kits. There used to be DIY kits for 7.3 injectors but too many people messed up and had to send them in.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Chuck the fuel plunger in a lathe and shorten it a specified few thousandth. Then shorten the oil plunger a specified few thousands and you have a 190 cc injector. I pay a local machine shop $50 to do them for me.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Or you could make a 155 by pulling the injector apart. Weld the spill port and add a second washer under the spool valve.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think Ryan Casserly has done his research and deserves every dollar he makes off of his 6.0 and 7.3 injectors! :bowfast:

I have his 225/100's in my 6.0 and have installed his 190's in others as well as several sets of stage 1, 2, and hybrids in 7.3's.

Never had a problem with ANY of them! Still working flawlessly. Can't say the same for others that are less expensive.

I have had them apart before and seen what is done to modify them. However, I would never attempt it myself. Way too much can go wrong!! :badidea:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Really? So it is that technical? You unscrew the injector. Hand the plungers to a machine shop. They cut them. You reassemble. If you really want to get crazy you can get a new set of injectors in whatever nozzle size you want. Now you have a set of injectors built for around $600. Basically a third of the cost.

·
Registered
193 Posts
To the OP. Building 6.0L injectors can be done. We've done it here at Full Force Diesel for almost 7 years now. Swamps, Elite, and HyperMax have also been in the game for a while. Warren and Farmer have just started to bring their injectors to market over the last year or so. But you can ask any of us, it didn't happen overnight. There is a lot of R&D that has gone into them. There has been times we have had to drop back and punt on some ideas. But it can be done if your willing to put the time and effort into. You will have to come up with the measurements on your own, and make them work for you.

But, I will say this. It is NOT as easy as Jeremy describes. If it were, everyone would be doing it. Just a little food for thought.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Really? So it is that technical? You unscrew the injector. Hand the plungers to a machine shop. They cut them. You reassemble. If you really want to get crazy you can get a new set of injectors in whatever nozzle size you want. Now you have a set of injectors built for around $600. Basically a third of the cost.
Jeremy, do you know how many thousanths is actually shaved off of the plungers to make a 190cc injector?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That is what everyone on the internet should do, ignore me. Why whould they want anything from me that works just as described and cost way less. Look at that 6.4 you are talking about, has worked flawlessly for over a year. Has just a set of tow power turbos and is on of the quickest 6.4s in the country. Now if he could just find someone to build him a tranny that will last.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
So the other day my buddy buys a 2003 with 180,000 miles on it for $5000 that wouldn't start and ran like crap. It needed new injectors. So he pulled the injectors and we disassembled them. We did our custom sand paper trick to the spool valves. Then we jumped in the excursion, which had 3 bad injectors and we had just "repaired" the injectors on. Drove up to some hillbilly friend of ours that has an old lathe in his barn, complete with snake skins hanging to dry on the walls. He chucked the parts up in the lathe and took them down just like he has done for all the other sets for us. Gave him $50 and he drank some of our beer. Came back put the truck back together and now it starts and runs perfectly. So we loaded the big tune in it and have been beating the crap out of it for a couple weeks now. Oh and we pulled the cab to do the injectors so that we could throw in a set of used headstuds in it by switching them one at a time. Truck is just plain awesome right now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts