Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Two Tone
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What intake, tunes and exhaust should I be getting in order to get much improved fuel mileage?

·
Registered
683 Posts
U cant go wrong with either of the big three. I have the spartan and s&b intake .

·
Registered
479 Posts
^^^WHS^^^

I think you will be happy with either of them. I run Spartans tunes with a 4inch exhaust and AFE Intake and I couldnt be happier with it. Good mileage and PLENTY of power. The dodge guys at work hate it ;)

·
Chachi
237 Posts
intake- AFE stage 2 intake, exhaust- 4 inch piping 5 inch tip either magnaflow or MBRP, TS 6 position chip

·
Chachi
237 Posts
my bad damn, it showed up on the 7.3 threads when i clicked on, my mistake dnt have to be a a$$ about it 08Stoker250

·
Chachi
237 Posts

·
Two Tone
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much gain on MPG, torque and horsepower will I see with these?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You can see as high as 575-600 horsepower at the rear wheels with a big tune. Obviously that isn't ideal for daily driving, but most guys run 200-300 hp tunes pretty regularly on stock trucks with no problems. The 6.4 and the transmission behind it are a hell of a combo for big and reliable power.

·
Registered
700 Posts
About 16 mpg city and about 21 to 22 highway it depends on ur right foot and conditions abviously. Ur truck will run like a machine after u take that dpf off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wish my truck got anywhere close to 16city 22 highway, is that a regular cab or something on some kind of highway tire?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wish my truck got anywhere close to 16city 22 highway, is that a regular cab or something on some kind of highway tire?
My truck gets that and its a crew cab short bed. Fully loaded. These trucks run like night and day after you delete all that b.s. off and get some tunes.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Are you guys hand calculating mileage?

In order to get 16 MPG on a tank in the city and it be true mileage, you would have to get between 475-500 miles out of a 30.5 gallon tank, which is standard for an F-250. That is a lot of miles on one tank for city driving.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Haha well my "city" driving consists of maybe 5 miles of town and then back out on country roads so mines prolly not the best to go off of.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I was getting that, the trail grapplers and moto metals killed mine to around 14.8ish everytime

1 - 20 of 25 Posts