Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving back from from home depot and pulled up on a red light when light turned green i Accelerate it and I noticed it would go as I usually hit the gas. it literally felt like when you pull out of your drive way and you just put i in drive with out hitting the gas I would not accelerate at all and as I was pressing on the pedal to see if something was stoping it all I got when I let off was a weird clattering noise from the motor for a second and went back to normal engine idle. I thought it could've been the fuel tank pick up screen sock filter (REPLACED) that's wasn't the problem I also seen when pulling out the unit the big filet was broken. So maybe theirs air in the system and need to bleed out 🤔 . Then my neighbor said it could be the pedal sensor my truck has 315k miles so I hope thats it inorder it and it comes in Tuesday. If anyone has experience these symptoms please let me know how yiu went about it thank you in advance.

REPLACED PEDAL SENSOR
No progress still rough start, bad idle, bad acceleration. If anyone has had similar symptoms let me know thanks

·
don't play well w others
4,465 Posts
When my pedal went out it just quit being a throttle pedal. Truck idled fine, no noise.
new pedal cured the problem.
Don't forget to set the pedal when you install it.
turn the key on, let the lights and gauges go through the series, push pedal to floor, turn key off.
this sets the pedal. if you don't do this you will not have a complete pedal travel, truck will only use 3/4 travel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O I hope that's the issue then I don't wanna be chasing another problem now 😕. Maybe mine is just starting to go out and I caught it early. Thank you for the steps of setting the pedal I did not know about that.

·
Administrator
9,005 Posts
when my 02 started acting up, it would go dead at full throttle and the cel would come on. let off and wait a second, the CEL would go out and throttle would be fine with easy pressure.
come to a stop and mash on it, dead again only idle.
replaced the pedal assembly and problem went away

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cel? Sorry lol ok so everyone symptoms is slightly different but had the same problem awesome thank you im feeling a lil better about the pedal now I've been searching different stuff and the more I look into it tge more it scares me lol money wise

·
don't play well w others
4,465 Posts
There are 2 pedals. One has 1 sensor, 1 has 2. Make sure what you have before ordering

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,005 Posts
cel : check engine light.
if anything electronic screws up on these trucks, the computer will see it and turn the check engine light on.
sometimes it will be a soft code that will let the light turn off, other times it will be what is called a hard code which will keep the light on until the code is cleared with a diagnostic tool.

sorry, i typed this up yesterday but apparently never hit send.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I made sure mine has one...

Ok yea I do have a cel on but its not showing anything else I only have a p1211 code and get another issue that cel would come up when I hit the gas hard . Any ideas of what that can be? Maybe ipr since I installed a t500 hpop and kept my old ipr in the new hpop. I did double check o rings before I installed back in hpop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O fudge. Just installed new pedal. Same idk what else to go after. Maybe ill start with the p1211code . If anyone had these symptoms of realy bad idle very bad rough start, or bad acceleration on pedal lmk thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F me . Just replaced ipr sensor and still has the symptoms. The p1211 code came of tho but a p1280 came up maybe because I disconect it when I installed the ipr.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That P1211 is not just limited to the IPR. The truck may be commanding a higher oil pressure and not getting it. You might try disconnecting the ICP and starting the truck. The PCM will default to a look up table of oil pressure values. If the truck starts and runs ok then you may have a bad ICP. If the truck still struggles to start, I would then look at the HPOP. I have read more than one story about a failed terminator 500. However.... I would recommend that you first invest in FORScan (forscan.org) and a suitable adapter. I have an OBDLink EX usb adapter (should you wish to use a computer to collect data), or take a look at either a BAFX or OBDLink unit. Both BAFX/OBDLink have a bluetooth/Wifi units (there are a few folks around here that recommend them) that will would work with a smart phone (Run of the mill box store scanners and even a great number of the higher end scanners can't touch these trucks as Ford used the "heavy duty diesel" protocol for communication). Once you are setup I would capture data.. At minimum I would save RPM (really this is CPS), ICP, IPR, MAP, EOT and IVS (at least I think that is the PID for the go petal). FORScan will allow you to save the data as a .csv file which you can import into excel. The information you get from the truck will help identify what your problem really is without just "throwing parts" at the truck.

Cj

Edit: Where did you get the IPR from? Box store parts have a poor reputation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes sense. I did disconnect the icp sensor then started her up and still shity. I might have to take it to a mechanic shop and have them test her out. Im just worried about
Causing damage if I drive it a few miles. I've bought the ipr from monument auto parts but is a motorcraft part. 285 was the damage and sucked that it wasn't tge problem. Running out of money and currently my wife's vehicle is not running im driving my work van everywhere now just running out of patience now ☹

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I hear you on the expenses... FORScan is free if you use it with a laptop. The EX adapter is $60 or so on amazon. Data (well when interpreted correctly) will always help avoid unnecessary parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just checked it again hopefully it will run better this morning...nope still bad now I can't make it go up my driveway I can only accelerate in park when I put it in drive **** won't go. When I rev it it only goes up too 1500rpm

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update.,
So it turned out to be my t500 hpop. I took over to a diesel shop and tested the hpop and it was it the pressure was at 375. Runs alot better now feels faster . Thank ya for the help

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. Good to hear you found the problem. What did you replace the Terminator with?

Cj

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well its still under warranty. I spoke to Joe at terminator and he said something about the spring inside came loose wich is rare but it happened to me. And the diesel shop said that the ipr valve was at full throttle open when it was just in park. Made sense on why I never got any good throttle response

1 - 18 of 18 Posts