Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since changing the downpipe, I notice this sound that appears to be over toward the passenger side floor that sounds like I turned the heater fan on low. It seems to happen somewhere in the 1000-1500 rpm range. As soon as I speed up or slow down it seems to go away. Any clues? Has it always been there and I just never heard it before the pipe? Am I on the pipe?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
is dp hitting the firewall?

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Not saying its not the ebpv, but I had a helluva time getting my mbrp DP to stop rubbing the fire wall. Made a VERY annoying and odd noise when it hit.

If it ends up being the problem, replacing the rubber cab mounts usually gives you a bit of clearance back, which is what I did. Along with massaging the POS mbrp DP with a hammer...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't sound like a rub but like a fan turned on over on the passenger side floor

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I notice it coming on about 1/2 mile down the road and it goes for maybe a minute or so and then goes back off. Not sure if it has always done it or I for some reason just started noticing it or hearing it

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Anything that chokes your exhaust is going to make it lose a little power. The EBPV closes the outlet of the turbo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts