Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m in desperate need of some expert wisdom lol.. I have a 1997 f350 with all 8 AB injectors it is a NON CALI... the truck had these when I bought it 3 years ago I’ve done a ton of work to it including a couple injectors and new pcm and was shocked to see the ABs I cannot for the life of me figure out how this truck is gunning so good with these in it as it is not set up to run them.. I have a ts6 chip and a few other mods but there has always been a studded in overdrive between 1200 to 1500 rpm while cruising and easing on the throttle I can only assume it is bc it has split shots in it so I am wondering where to find the tunes or flashes to reprogram my pcm to run them and if anyone has done this or heard of this please help I will respond ASAP I’m checking this thread constantly lol

Thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If you are running a DPC-202 PCM (E4OD automatic trans) you would reflash the PCM to a MIF-series code (MIF7 was the latest version I think). If you are running a DPC-203 PCM (ZF 5-speed) you would reflash the PCM to an AUG-series code (AUG7 is the latest on that one I think). Those are the 1996 Cali programs for splitshots for DPC-202/203 PCMs. What that would do to your chip, I don't know. You could also find someone that can program your chip to run splitshots (I wouldn't know who to recommend for TS chips). Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are running a DPC-202 PCM (E4OD automatic trans) you would reflash the PCM to a MIF-series code (MIF7 was the latest version I think). If you are running a DPC-203 PCM (ZF 5-speed) you would reflash the PCM to an AUG-series code (AUG7 is the latest on that one I think). Those are the 1996 Cali programs for splitshots for DPC-202/203 PCMs. What that would do to your chip, I don't know. You could also find someone that can program your chip to run splitshots (I wouldn't know who to recommend for TS chips). Cheers!
Thanks for the reply.. where do I find those? I have a passthrew.. is that the only options to reflash? Or is there a place to get custom flashes to download like later shift times.. commanding more fuel etc. and I spoke with thoroughbred diesel (where I got the ts6 chip) and they said they cannot reflash it and I’ve also hear that the chip overrides the pcm?? Is that true? I can’t imagine it would override everything the pcm does.. also just flashing a 97 Cali truck program to my pcm would that be sufficient to run my split shots? I thought they need a pulser and other things

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If Thoroughbred can put a program on the chip to run splits, that would probably be the easiest option. If you were wanting to go to a stock (1996!) split program on the PCM as I mentioned, someone like DP Tuner could probably do it. I don't think you can run a 1997 splitshot program on a DPC-202/203 (IIRC I was told that by a knowledgeable tuner). If you are going to run a chip for more performance, etc. just get the chip programmed. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts