Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a problem with my 97 psd i pulled my PCM out to get the number off it for a chip im having reprogrammed. anyways i pulled it out before and plugged it back in with no problem, i did today and plugged it back in after pulling the number and now my truck will not start..

there is no smoke...
the "wts" light comes on and off
fuse 22 is ok

anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
This is gonna sound dumb but Did you do anything with the IDM? all connections are tight?

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Did you check for a bent pin when you reconnected it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no man i didnt mess with the IDM at all i saw that but no didnt mess with it...

and ya tom i check the pcm for a bent pinn nothing and the female side of the harness looks like there all straight... it cranks over fint but no smoke nor does the tach move at all when i crank

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can check jus dont see how that would have anything to do with it ya know its jus like theres no fuel going to it

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Cps do just decide to crap out on their own, and the fact that there is no smoke coming out the exhaust and no tach movement leads me to believe its a bad cps. Its a 20 something dollar part and if yours isnt bad, throw the good one in the glove box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool cool man thanks... i check that out tomorrow.. i got movement out of the tach earlier after i took off both cables from each battery and let it sit for awhile... ill let you know man thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys update on the truck i replaced the cps still not firing off....
some one said to check the crank sensor... so ill be looking at that tommorrow

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey here is a silly question that I am amazed no one has asked yet. When you were messing around with the PCM did you disconnect the batteries before hand and were the keys in the ignition in either situation? If you didn't disconnect the batteries and or the keys were in the ignition you may have fried your PCM. It can and has happened to others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya man i took negatives off... took it out got the number off it and plugged it all back in and now this....

i got new batteries newIDM relay and new fuse number 22 still no start no smoke ....

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Check connection to PCM and be sure it is ok; no pin mis-match or any bent ones. I was thinking the key/battery thing myself until you stated the above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks so much everone for the help i appriciate it all everything was very help full turns out my IDM box went out for some reason so i had a new one pput in and rucks great now!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Great news man. Glad to hear you got er up and running again.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
sounds like your PCM got cleared some how. my 97 PSD PCM got cleared twice. the WTS light came on but it just turned over but didnt start and no smoke came out. cost $250 at Ford to re-program it to stock.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If you read his last post he said that his IDM went bad and he replaced it which fixed his problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts