Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the PCM located? I am very familiar with the 6.0..but the 6.4 is new to me. Think it took a crap!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Right side off engine bay directly thru the firewall(computer is inside the cab and only the electrical connector shows), just behing the airbox or intake. As a note, late 2006 and 2007 6.0's have a BIG plug covering that hole in the cab like they new they were going to move the computer from behind the battery on the left side!

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!!

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when did this recall come out?

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought this truck used...Can we still get an Oasis report for these trucks?

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PSD Player fixed me up on my last purchse with the Oasis report.

·
Registered
438 Posts
hey cajunhunter67 i see your from La. Not sure where Trout is in relation to Hammond, but If you ever need a hand with anything on your truck give me a holla. I am all about helping out a fellow stroker. I use a mod friendly dealer in Ponchatoula to do all my warranty work if this helps

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Strokin! I am North of Alexandria...but just past thru there last week. My family lives in Slidel.

·
Registered
438 Posts
They have a few people at the plant i work at from over that way. Yeah man don't hestistate if you ever need a hand with anything. I am two years into the powerstroke world so I have some knowledge about these beasts

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great! I have alot of time on the 6.0 Powerstrokes...but this 6.4 is new to me. I just put on a complete new exhaust 4inch..new tires..SCT tunes from eric waiting to install. Will put a lift kit..4inch...tint windows..and maybe a EGR delete, and CAC tube when I get back from work next hitch. Anything else I need to do? I plan on keeping this truck a long time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like you got just about everything covered. I also plan on doing the egr delete in a few months. Just not sure if I want to try and do it myself or just pay someone

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
You can definitley tackle the egr delete yourself, this is my first diesel and I did it in a days time not rushing. Everything is just REAL tight, but worth the hassle in the end for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I will probably end up doing it myself just need to set aside a day to get it done so I can take my time

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
They should have just reflashed it, but it may not have wanted to take the flash and they had to put in a new one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts