Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never really thought twice about it, and the time that the pedal spends on or close to the floor is minimal anyways. After i installed the srl tune from matt on the truck, seems that when i mat the pedal it takes an extended time between shifts, but when it does it shifts quick and firm. not a slipping, and doesnt seem like a trans issue, just maybe a tcm issue? anyone else have this with the srl tune?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Mine does the same on my 7.3... when i asked matt he said something along the lines of the tune makes the truck defuel so it doesnt harm the trans. Ive had his tunes for just about 2 yrs and still on stock tranny. Nothing has been done to it except an oil change.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
its the solenoids in the trans getting weak... dont know why matts tunes seem like they're the only tunes that make it apparent.

I get a nice flare on the 3-5 shift

·
Registered
168 Posts
its the solenoids in the trans getting weak... dont know why matts tunes seem like they're the only tunes that make it apparent.

I get a nice flare on the 3-5 shift
Mine is doing it also...have you done anything to fix it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not noticed this with my SRL tune. It shifts quick and firm, of course I came from a Banks 6 gun to Matt's tune so maybe I just don't notice.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, youd notice, it takes a while between shifts, but if i bring the pedal just a little bit off the floor it seems like it breaks the tires loose easily shifting gears. i was thinking maybe a hole in the tuning,

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
Mine is doing it also...have you done anything to fix it?
you need to replace you direct shift solenoid in the trans with the gogo diesel solenoid... its an OEM one modified on a solenoid tester that flows 4 times the fluid of the stocker...

over time all of the solenoids wear out so some trucks may be different than others.. only my 3-5 shift has a flare where is some may see a 1-2 or 2-3 flare (these are different solenoids)

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well since its every shift, maybe ill ask matt if there is a defueling in the tuning, for trans life. before i go buy 2 solenoids

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
matt expressed concern about a possible fuel pressure issue, going to look into it a little further, see if i can get it in the pids on the ids and monitor it there, im not going to install a fuel pressure gauge on an otherwise stock truck.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
matt expressed concern about a possible fuel pressure issue, going to look into it a little further, see if i can get it in the pids on the ids and monitor it there, im not going to install a fuel pressure gauge on an otherwise stock truck.
?? an IDS cant read fuel pressure.... there is no sensor for it, you HAVE to install a fuel pressure gauge to get a reading of it. A fuel pressure gauge on a 6.0 is a NECESSITY stock or not, not an option unless you like spending countless amounts of money in injectors...

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right, thats where my question came from, whether or not there was a pds for fuel pressure, whether there was some sort of fuel pressure sensor stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts