Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 03 cclb a few months ago looking to make 400 hp because of having pmrs an not wanting to tear into the motor to replace them 400hp is my goal. Truck has about 225k miles on her. Iv already replace the charger with a 38r an installed a ww2 an upgraded the exhaust housing also deleted the ebv. Truck has zf6 with a what seems to be a after market clutch unknown what type was in when i bought the truck. Very stiff clutch peddle though. Truck has full 5' exhaust, isspro gauges that i installed shortly after i purchased truck. Truck also seems to be leveled out. Jim rosewood looked over the truck says it runs very strong. Im thinking it has a tune flashed onto the pcm. Once again unknown info on that as well. Bought the truck from a crook of a dealer so there's no background info on the truck. Do not recommend buying a truck you haven't seen or washed before you buy! Now for my plans with the truck is to make a very reliable street truck DD that will tow when ever its needed an also sled pull on the weekends.

Injectors: plain is to go with rosewood 238 hybrids but thinking of going with 200% nozzles to reduce heat an cleaner burning.
Turbo: calling it good for now with the 38r an the mods i stated before
cold air intake: truck already has a afe stage two calling that good as well
fuel supply: thinking of going with Irate's competition system including sumping out the fuel tank an doing the regulated return deleting the fuel bowl
hpop: thinking of going with a adrenaline pump? not to sure on that
chip: thinking i like to have a ts style 6 position had one in both the trucks i had before works good for me. Now i didnt have any one tune the chips before first truck i got a generic ts chip an the second truck was tuned by who knows who.

I also upgraded the up pipes on the truck

Iv tried to come up with a solid build plan now Im looking for some options. Iv read a lot on this site over the last couple of years an that's where iv come up with this list of parts to buy.:psn:

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clean burning an less heat from what im understanding?

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also frx? not sure what you mean by that also i might bump the power up to 450 if i can get a really good tuner to dial in my truck

i figured out what frx meant took some digging around.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you guys replace the injector sleeves?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
For 400 horse the 160/30 is the perfect injector. The big nozzles are really beneficial in the upper rpm range. You have both Jim and Nate buildin injectors in your state. Call them and talk. For 450 I know Nate would recommend 238/80 with a 38r

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Would you guys replace the injector sleeves?
Only if they are bad or in bad condition. I have seen a lot of issues with guys not getting them seated correctly, and running into issues, when there was never even a problem with them in the first place. Just clean them up good, inspect, then install the new injectors if they all check out and look good.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For 400 horse the 160/30 is the perfect injector. The big nozzles are really beneficial in the upper rpm range. You have both Jim and Nate buildin injectors in your state. Call them and talk. For 450 I know Nate would recommend 238/80 with a 38r
I will have to look into this more

Only if they are bad or in bad condition. I have seen a lot of issues with guys not getting them seated correctly, and running into issues, when there was never even a problem with them in the first place. Just clean them up good, inspect, then install the new injectors if they all check out and look good.
Thank you!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
160/80, 175/100 or similar...
Honey Badger HPOP
RiffRaff FRX
Gauges (including a fuel pressure gauge)...

Done and done.

For example my wifes Excursion has AC's which are 160cc with stock nozzles, a 38R and dynos 360+hp...

Perfectly safe for PMR's...

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
160/80, 175/100 or similar...
Honey Badger HPOP
RiffRaff FRX
Gauges (including a fuel pressure gauge)...

Done and done.

For example my wifes Excursion has AC's which are 160cc with stock nozzles, a 38R and dynos 360+hp...

Perfectly safe for PMR's...
gauges are covered iv got egt fuel pressure an boost. planing on getting hpop, back pressure, motor oil an coolant gauges as well.

honestly a 200/30 hybrid wouldn't be a bad choice either. that injector is really easy on the hpop
Is there a down fall with having the the 238/200s?

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmmmm that will get the mind thinking.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
room to grow, the 238/100 or 200% is the smallest I would buy

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what i was thinking

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put a forged rod engine in it, until then you have no room to grow.
thought about doing that as well. To much time an money for a small out come

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just get stage 1's, with the right support mods and tunes you can reach 400HP. will not risk the motor or spend the $ needed to support larger inj's.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so iv rethought on what to do to save money an get the power i desire.

injectors:200/30
chip
frx system from riffraff
over boost from riffraff as well

what els is required boys? should i do the hpop or wait on it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.