Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching google like crazy trying to find a parts list to do the entire job of resealing the complete high pressure oil system. I can find o-ring kits, but I know the turbo, valve covers, intake manifold, and oil pump cover have to come off. Just wondering if there is a list out there so I can order everything I'll need to do the job so I don't have to stop and wait for parts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I looked and looked as well when I did mine. There is no one single parts kit which will give you every o-ring/gasket you will need. I'm sure many of us could give you the part numbers you need, but we'd need to know the year of the vehicle. Also, if it's a 2004, is it early or late model?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Dammit, Turd, you beat me to it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It on the valve cover. I haven't researched it specifically but I'm guessing that makes it newer. My 05 F350 has it in the same spot

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ok, so it doesn't really matter what your build date is (well, it does, but not for what I'm going to do) because I'll separate by version.

So, regardless of what build date you have, you will need the following:
3C3Z-9T288-AA HPOP discharge tube
3C3Z-9G804-AA HPOP o-rings
3C3Z-9H529-A IPR screen and o-rings
Alliant AP0002, 8 each This is needed for the top o-ring, but may as well re-do injector all the way around since you have it....or save it for when you have an issue.
Alliant AP0070, 2 each, for oil rails

If you have the early build (ICP above HPOP) you will also need:
3C3Z9A332AA standpipe for 03-early 04

If you have the late model build (ICP in passenger side valve cover) you will also need:
6E7Z-9A332-B Standpipe and dummy plug kit for late 04-07

If you don't have the proper tools, the discharge tube can be removed in other ways, but I recommend getting the tool. It's cheap and works right off the bat. You will also need this tool for the standpipe to oil rail line on early builds. Also, you WILL need a special tool to change the o-rings on the oil rails. I don't have part numbers, because everyone makes the darn things, but literally copy each of the following two search terms (without the quotation marks) into ebay and you will find them. I went with the cheap line tool and the socket from mrfoam. No problems.
"Oil Line Disconnect Tool Ford Diesel High Pressure Fuel Injectors Hand Tools Car"
"6.0L Ford Powerstroke High Pressure Oil Rail Special Tool for Ball Tube Removal"

The gasket for the HPOP cover tends to go flat. May as well get a good sealing one now rather than find out later that it's leaking and have to tear the whole top end apart again. 3C3Z-6619-EA pump cover gasket. Oh, and use some black RTV where the rear plate and block mate up. You won't regret it.

You'll want new o-rings and gaskets for the turbo supply and drain tube. 3C3Z-9T514-AG turbo reinstall kit

And for those wondering about it (just in case) 05-07 need this for the STC fitting:
4C3Z-9B246-F updated stc fitting kit

Now then, this is all you NEED, but I recommend, if you have the money, updating/maintaining other things while you're that far in. For example, if you have any minor leaks on your oil cooler, you could replace the seals on it....no need to tear it all the way down if you don't need to. 3C3Z-9N693-A oil cooler kit. How about an updated oil supply or drain tube? 6C3Z-9T515-A and 3C3Z-9T516-A. If you have any decent amount of miles, you're going to want new intake manifold gaskets. 3C3Z 9439-AA You may also want to consider an EGR delete while you're in that far. Perhaps a CCV reroute or catch can mod?

I know, I went beyond what you asked, but figured I would throw some ideas out. I hope I hit everything. If you need anything else, let us know!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You've got a late build. Anything after Sept of 03.....there's a specific date, but I can't remember it. lol Just be careful. On rare occasions (unless it's an Excursion) you'll get an odd part. Excursions tend to have it happen more often. Basically, you can have everything late 04, and run across one thing that's early 04....like a 90mm water pump. Can happen, but not likely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, the F550 has a throttle body on the intake and the F350 doesn't. They are only a year apart from each other.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
IIRC, the idea behind the plate was to restrict air from outside and force the engine to suck more through the EGR. Didn't work as they'd hoped, so they did away with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, im planning to do away with it and the egr. Planning to get HPTuners so I can handle things like that plus way easier troubleshooting with datalogging. I spent a lot of years as a gas engine tuner so I can't leave well enough alone. Lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so I finally read that long post. Lots of good info. As for reusing any seal, money isn't exactly a concern. This is a commercial vehicle and it's better to spend the money once now rather than save a few bucks and do it all again later. Any o-ring, gasket, or seal of any kind will be replaced even if it's a reusable part. Also any rubber hoses that are removed in the process will be replaced. I don't need this truck to be 1000 miles from home and be at the mercy of some incompetent mechanic over a $30 gasket or $10 hose. I already put a radiator in my F350 that was 800 miles away. $700 radiator that I could have done myself for $300. I also could have gone with an aluminum mishimoto radiator if the truck was here over a parts store replacement. The cost isn't much more to have something that should outlast the truck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys newbie here, please go easy on me. Getting ready to do the reseal, and I was wondering do I need to replace the HPOP discharge hose altogether or change the oring on it and put it back? I have most of the parts on the way to the house now. The one thing I didn't order was the discharge hose. The reason im doing this is because she has a hot no start issue. When cold she fires right up. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey guys newbie here, please go easy on me. Getting ready to do the reseal, and I was wondering do I need to replace the HPOP discharge hose altogether or change the oring on it and put it back? I have most of the parts on the way to the house now. The one thing I didn't order was the discharge hose. The reason im doing this is because she has a hot no start issue. When cold she fires right up. Let me know what you guys think.
What year is your truck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply 6_Riders, its a 2007. She does have 346k on her, unmodified and I don't think the hg's have ever blew or been done. Previous owner told me he did the oil cooler and egr cooler when. Any help is much apricated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure you're talking about the stc fitting at the oil pump. You only need to change it if it hasn't been upgraded yet.
If you think you have a leak in the hpo system, I highly recommend pressure testing the system.
If you are going to go as far as re-sealing the oil pump cover, I'd recommend going a little farther and replace the oil cooler while you are in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I know there is def a leak in the HPOP system. Too much ICV voltage on startup now. I do plan on re-sealing everything. I know the previous owner had it tore down to the pump, claimed he changed out the oil cooler and egr at that time. He sent me some pics from when he did it. I noticed he also took the passenger valve cover off and oil rail. Since I got the truck that passenger valve cover has had a leak towards the rear. As far as the oil cooler I do feel like it may be blocked up. I don't loose coolant, Its very clean, but the degas bottle has some residue and I has been changed. Its not the oem for sure, but my deltas get up to 20 degrees on the highway. Around town it you would never see em get that far out. more like 5 to 10 degrees difference if Im bein hard on the truck. Don't want to buy a new one but if I have to I will. Thinking about Backflushing since I don't believe its blown cause Im not getting any milkshake mixing. Previous owner claimed he used OEM motorcraft parts. Gonna start taking her apart this weekend if the weather lets me. My goal is to keep her going. 346k on the clock, she deserves to be set right.

Last question, does anyone know where I can get torque specs for everything?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,117 Posts
Get an OEM oil cooler - many of the aftermarket ones are not as efficient even when completely clear from any plugging. Before you change the oil cooler, make sure you are using an EC-1 rated ELC coolant. If you aren't, then flush the system and switch to the ELC coolant ..... then do the oil cooler. Yes you will have to dump the new coolant to do the oil cooler, but you can collect it and re-use it.

If the HPOP discharge fitting (the STC fitting) has not been upgraded, then you need to do so. Same with the standpipes and dummy plugs (the new ones are 12mm hex)

Your call on injectors. I have a hard time believing that they are OEM at that mileage. I wouldn't re-ring them if they aren't leaking. An air test w/ the valve covers off would be beneficial IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts